Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

It Was Al B

Suddenly went incognito

@John Morris

I just closed out the tab and brought it back up. I was still logged in and my preferences remained intact. I then closed out FF and brought it back up and opened the forum. again, I was still logged in and the preferences were OK.

So, everything appears to be OK, for now. I, always, close out FF and run CCleaner before I go to bed. I'll let you know tomorrow if the problem reoccurs tomorrow when I open the forum.

19 minutes ago, schnewj said:

Nope! I use the FF settings. No cookie blockers and this is one of the few websites that I accept cookies from. I haven't changed anything on my end, and the problem has just cropped up in the last couple of days. The first time I noticed the settings changed was a couple of days ago. All of my cookies are automatically deleted when I close out FF, except for this and one other website.

I was staying logged in, even if I had closed out the browser. Whenever, I brought up the site I was already logged in. Now, I have to sign in and reset my defaults for the background and header colors. Like I said, no biggie on my end, but if there is a glitch on you end I thought you should know.

same here...

@John Morris

OK, so, I closed everything out last night and ran CCleaner as usual. When I brought the forum up this morning I had to log on...no big deal...however, my default setting had changed.

This is what loaded:

Default.png.af85d6337489c47b43eceef323dfa886.png

Instead of what I have been using, which is this.

5a0c822638a86_MyDefault.png.d1e9d72a304478b1daadccde247eca60.png

Now, I haven't changed any settings on my end. This only started a couple of days ago and was holding my default settings before the last couple of day. I have my FF settings set to accept cookies from TPW, so, nothing changed there. The setting were holding after the last update to CCleaner, so, I don't see that as a source.

I still have some things to check on this end, but thought the additional info would be helpful to you. Don't get frustrated over it, John. I do seem to think, that, it is on your end. First the font size and color changed, now the personal defaults are not holding.

I'll keep you updated with what I find on my end.

Bill

Can't get it to hold my custom default settings. Background and headers all go to the standard default setting for the Customized theme. My personal changes are no longer holding.

Edited by schnewj
Additional Informations

Bill and Stick, I want to thank you for hanging in here and making your reports. I am completely sorry this is happening. Well make it good. I am going to completely reinstall the custom theme later this week from fresh, and we'll see if that takes care of these issues. If not, we may abandon the custom. It just seems too glitchy.

John, It seems that my problem was a one time only situation. Everything is working fine now.

Don't apologize or stress over it, John. It's all good. It's just strange that only Stick and I are running into the problem. If it was a glitch in the software, then I would expect others to be experiencing the problem.

Although we run similar utilities and have some overlapping settings, I doubt that all of a sudden we both are having similar problems as a result of our set-ups. The only thing that has changed on my computer in the past few days is the FF update late last night. So, I know that wasn't/isn't the problem.

Don't beat your head against the wall over it.

Bill

One last ditch effort Bill, and thanks by the way.

Can I impose on you to give Chrome or IE or Edge a try for a bit on our site? Just to see if we can narrow it down to a compatibility issue between FF and our software. 

Thanks a ton sir

1 hour ago, John Morris said:

One last ditch effort Bill, and thanks by the way.

Can I impose on you to give Chrome or IE or Edge a try for a bit on our site? Just to see if we can narrow it down to a compatibility issue between FF and our software. 

Thanks a ton sir

I can't/won't do that. Sorry! I won't allow Chrome on my computer, don't have Edge downloaded, and only keep IE (which I hate and refuse to use) for emergencies.

This is NOT an emergency!

I hate to hamper your good work, John, but I take a lot of effort to keep the nasties away from my CPU.

Edited by schnewj

26 minutes ago, schnewj said:

I can't/won't do that. Sorry! I won't allow Chrome on my computer, don't have Edge downloaded, and only keep IE (which I hate and refuse to use) for emergencies.

This is NOT an emergency!

I hate to hamper your good work, John, but I take a lot of effort to keep the nasties away from my CPU.

No worries Bill. Thanks anyways!

3 hours ago, schnewj said:

don't have Edge downloaded, and only keep IE (which I hate and refuse to use) for emergencies.

Edge is much better than IE.  I keep it for the MSN news which works crazy better on Edge.

Edited by HandyDan

1 hour ago, HandyDan said:

Edge is much better than IE.  I keep it for the MSN news which works crazy better on Edge.

I've come to love Edge, I don't ever use IE anymore. But Edge is really fast too, nice sleek user interface too.

7 hours ago, schnewj said:

Don't apologize or stress over it, John. It's all good. It's just strange that only Stick and I are running into the problem. If it was a glitch in the software, then I would expect others to be experiencing the problem.

Although we run similar utilities and have some overlapping settings, I doubt that all of a sudden we both are having similar problems as a result of our set-ups. The only thing that has changed on my computer in the past few days is the FF update late last night. So, I know that wasn't/isn't the problem.

Don't beat your head against the wall over it.

Bill

well said...

things are running fine now,,,

6 hours ago, John Morris said:

Can I impose on you to give Chrome or IE or Edge a try for a bit on our site?

no....

I wasn't asking you Stick. :P

So all is running fine now?

5 minutes ago, John Morris said:

I wasn't asking you Stick. :P

So all is running fine now?

seems to be...

1 minute ago, Stick486 said:

seems to be...

Uploaded a patch earlier, it was a fix for memory and caching, I am hoping it works. Please let us know if you experience the same issues you were earlier.

8 hours ago, John Morris said:

I've come to love Edge, I don't ever use IE anymore

I like Edge too.  But, the photo resizer option on this site doesn't work on Edge but it does on IE.

22 hours ago, John Morris said:

No worries Bill. Thanks anyways!

Update:

All appears to be running OK. I logged out, closed the browser (FF) and then reopened and logged in. My personal setting remained intact.

CCleaner automatically cleans FF when it is closed. So, dumping caches, cookies, etc is not presently affecting the TPW settings. We'll see if the settings hold tomorrow morning when I open everything back up.