Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

Smallpatch

Air power in my shop is required

Rate this topic

Some of the things I used on one jobber. My knuckles says thanks..

5a00817de69d8_grindersforthepictures001.JPG.062faf104abd47c3b364832762c25317.JPG

The smallest collet I have for the Foredom is a 1/4" so I don't use it too much.

Some serious die-grinders ya' have there Patch. I'd need a MUCH bigger compressor and probably a surge tank too.

You do wear hearing protection don't you?...those air motors are screamers.

9 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

those air motors are screamers.

But they run cool.  There are electric tools like that but they are heavier and run much hotter requiring stopping to let them cool.

Never thought about the sound being too much. I bought an oil less compressor to keep in the motor home in 2000 and it will drown out a freight train. So it never comes out of the basement storage in the camper.

I don't think I ever run the air tools wide open. A used compressor with the motor and pump separate with a belt in between with about a 20 gallon tank is always the best bargain. Even with a hole in the tank for those can be welded up...

Also if a person has a tank compressor he needs to have a water trap in the line as close to the tools being used as possible. All the nail guns and grinders will last longer with one in line.