Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

John Morris

Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! November 6th, 2017

Rate this topic

27 minutes ago, John Morris said:

What did you get done over the weekend, and what have you planned for the week ahead! Inquiring minds want to know.

continue practicing my retirement...

5a005e0609f46_ToDoList.jpg.2c401eeb34669daa4f8552f067eb7bfb.jpg

Little tangible over the weekend...funeral calling Friday evening for a church member, some tool refurb Saturday along with normal tasks and watched some college football...yesterday all outside activities canceled due to the rain and lots of it; 3.5"+ from ~11 AM - 6 PM to an already saturated base..

For the coming week, lot of sump pump activity as a result of extensive rains; normal transportation duties plus add in 3 of 5 days for 6 AM swim practice runs; oldest grandson receives his first Cub Scout badge Thursday; some personal business & errands to run...Shop time will be limited as temperature forecast is for several nights in the upper 20's to low 30's and highs of low 40's

Got some yard work done Saturday while it was nice.  Thunderstorms yesterday kept me from plugging in the variable speed lathes.  Did some shop cleaning instead.

Like always with most equipment failures, our water conditioner needed serious attention on Sunday. That necessitated a 100 mile rt for material as nothing is open on Sundays, locally. To get what I needed, I had to visit both HD and Lowes. I think it's fixed. Time will tell. Because of the conditioner failure, today we gotta drain the water heaters. So, gotta drag out the hoses we've stored for the winter. Another 2-3 hours shot. Then, refill the conditioner with pellets and run it through a cycle. No attention required for that, so might get in some shop time this PM.

Finally got some power back here.   Saturday wasn't bad; spent 1/2 day at the Restore.   Sunday was a blur and yesterday was getting fallen tree of part of drive (have to finish that job today) and getting generator going (have to put that away today) and make a special trip into the office to check computer there (suspect power outage took it down).

9 hours ago, p_toad said:

Sunday was a blur and yesterday was getting fallen tree of part of drive

Did you get hit by the storms that rolled through? Everything else OK?

Had to call someone to see about getting a tree taken down. The last storm didn't take it down, but it left it an a scarey situation. Not getting much done right now. Old age problems have my left wrist quite painful so that I can't use it. Since I'm left handed, this makes me pretty useless. Seeing my orthopedist on Friday.

Edited by It Was Al B

Sorry, Double post

Edited by It Was Al B
double post

2 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Did you get hit by the storms that rolled through? Everything else OK?

Other than the power being out for a while, it was better than expected.  I have a herd of dead ash trees which i need to have taken down but haven't contacted the guy who took the last one for me.