Another surgery done

LarryS

I had surgery on my other knee on Nov 2. Had another partial knee replacement done.

Dr. said I was walking bone on bone. After what I know about getting the other knee replaced.  I know this one is going to take a bit longer to recover from. 

The pain is starting to calm alittle bit. At least I'm not taking pain pills every 4 hours now. Maybe every 7 to 8. I don't like taking pain pills but I needed them this time.

Again I had a bunch of very nice nurses.

Therapy starts Tuesday. Actually I can't wait till Tuesday. I know I need it.  Just doing my home therapy right now.  

Hopefully I'll be able to check out the forum alittle more now that I'm laid up for awhile.

1 hour ago, LarryS said:

I had surgery on my other knee on Nov 2. Had another partial knee replacement done.

Dang Larry...date slipped up and past me. Sorry!

Glad everything went well and you're back home recovering...Better try to get a few donuts down to help alleviate the pain and before your first session with the Physical Terrorists.:P

Chime in when you feel up to it and especially wen your taking the pain meds:rolleyes: Admins can delete anything you shouldn't post:lol:

Take care and let us know how things are progressing!

Glad the surgery went well Larry. It's no fun, but, it can relieve a lot of pain in the end..My daughter is scheduled for knee surgery right after Thanksgiving. Seems to be contagious . :unsure: I'm sure you know the therapy routine well by now. Take care of yourself.

11 hours ago, p_toad said:

Glad to hear that it all went well.   Let us know when you're up for hop-scotch.  :P 

Thank you Peter. I think I'll just leave the hop-scotch to my grandkids. I've already told them that after I got this knee done I'll be able to run half circles around them.

11 hours ago, Stick486 said:

getting old sucks...

It sure does. The golden years. :wacko: 

10 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Dang Larry...date slipped up and past me. Sorry!

Glad everything went well and you're back home recovering...Better try to get a few donuts down to help alleviate the pain and before your first session with the Physical Terrorists.:P

Chime in when you feel up to it and especially wen your taking the pain meds:rolleyes: Admins can delete anything you shouldn't post:lol:

Take care and let us know how things are progressing!

Thank you GrandpaDave. I don't think the donut train is going anywhere near the donut shop:( I guess everyone could just send me one donut. That should do it. :D

The only problem with the pain pills is that I end up falling asleep. At least that makes my wife happy that I'm not bugging her. :lol:

9 hours ago, It Was Al B said:

Glad the surgery went well Larry. It's no fun, but, it can relieve a lot of pain in the end..My daughter is scheduled for knee surgery right after Thanksgiving. Seems to be contagious . :unsure: I'm sure you know the therapy routine well by now. Take care of yourself.

Thank you Al. I'll be thinking of your daughter for when she has her knee surgery. 

I've already started alittle bit of the exercises at home. Hopefully I can get it loosened up alittle bit before I go to the therapist. 

And your right it does help in the end. My left leg keeps getting stronger as time goes on.

9 hours ago, HandyDan said:

Glad all is going well.  Take the pain meds.  You're going to be miserable for a while and they will make it somewhat less miserable.  Take care and check in often.

Thank you Dan.  Miserable might not be the word I would use right now but I'm suppose to keep it clean on the forum.:lol: 

41 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

But it beats not getting old all to pieces.

Larry...best wishes for a not-so-drawn- recovery. Glad things went well.

Thank you Fred.  

Archived