Daylight Savings Time Change

Allen Worsham

For years most of Indiana remained on Standard Time, then a bunch of politicians thought it would be best for commerce to observe DST.:unsure:

Only a politician could think you can save time or daylight by altering a clock.:wacko:

I always thought daylight went from sun-up to sun-down regardless of what the clock indicates.:blink:

So as usual my wife and I woke up at our normal body/brain clock time of 545am. Which means with the time changing back it was 445am. So our Miniature Schnauzer named Sylar (our kids named him after a bad guy in a comic book) was scratching on the door letting me know that he wants his breakfast. So I fed Sylar and then changed all the clocks in the house and went back to bed. Sylar finished his food and wants to play while I am online checking the news. Oh well...gotta love that time change.

20171105_055106.jpg

5 hours ago, LarryS said:

Is this true???

image.png.9e616fb109564fffa06617db6d9e9ba7.png

In some counties there might be some truth to it...in some regards I wish it were more true than not...;)

6 hours ago, LarryS said:

All of the times I've been to Indiana. I haven't seen this sign.

Kinda like entering the "Twilight Zone..." only appear after you've entered:ph34r:

6 hours ago, LarryS said:

Did you turn your clock back 200 years last night? 

I'm retired...clocks only existed in a former life...:lol:

On 11/4/2017 at 11:36 AM, lew said:

:lol::lol:

Worked at a place once, one day a fellow said,"See you wearing a watch." I answered. He said, "See that clock up'yunner, that's the only time that matters to you. Tells you when you got to start, when to quick, and everything that goes with that.  HE WAS RIGHT, BUT I KEPT MY WATCH.

23 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

For years most of Indiana remained on Standard Time, then a bunch of politicians thought it would be best for commerce to observe DST.:unsure:

Only a politician could think you can save time or daylight by altering a clock.:wacko:

I always thought daylight went from sun-up to sun-down regardless of what the clock indicates.:blink:

Cincinnati is just a few miles from the Indiana border, so it's more or less part of the Cinci metro area.   Guys from IN at work used to call it "slow time or fast time."   But most that commuted across the line just stayed on whatever time we were on.

Whilst those in the opposite corner of the state were more in tune with Chicago (central time).   Out in the middle, who knows?   So no wonder Hoosiers were confusers.

Archived