Can you trust reconditioned equipment?

Smallpatch

On 10/25/2017 at 6:36 PM, Gene Howe said:

Where did you find those? I have one and would love to have another. 

I found the first one on Ebay about 8 years ago then the next one I actually stumbled onto in pawn shop three years ago. You might check with Fred's US repair center.  I believe I heard some where that has been contracted out to BOSCH.  They have a facility in Walnut Ridge AR.

I think the Freud power tools may be available in other countries, but they pulled them from the U.S. (or N.A., whichever) when the Bosch deal for their bits/blades business struck. I have one of their big routers (Freud) that I bought in the early 90's and it's a beast. I liked it so well I bought a second one for my RT (later sold, along with the lift I had). An interesting thing about the Freud/Bosch transaction...apparently a part of the deal was that Bosch would provide parts (and maybe service, for all I know) for those Freud power tools in the U.S.. I have a smaller Freud router (also a god one) and was able to order a couple of small parts for it by calling Bosch.

7 hours ago, Kelso Chris said:

I found the first one on Ebay about 8 years ago then the next one I actually stumbled onto in pawn shop three years ago. You might check with Fred's US repair center.  I believe I heard some where that has been contracted out to BOSCH.  They have a facility in Walnut Ridge AR.

Thanks, KC. I'll check out Fred's.