Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! October 23th, 2017

John Morris

Toad, hope your recuperation is going well. If you don't mind, tell us the story.

We're still in Tucson. Delayed departure so we could pick up some stuff when the stores open. Plus, Phyl needs her Costco fix. 

Son tutored me on the laser engraver. Still needs some tweaking but looks like it's going to be a fun toy. Tomorrow, I'll set up an area to play with it. Makes a lot of smoke so, it needs ventilation. Can't get wifi in the shop so the back patio will be the best...for now. 

put up some wood window trim yesterday, that finishes off the master bath project.  nothing planned currently.  have to do a detailed plan for my wife's sewing center and work table (2 projects).  got the overall plan figured out, now i need to do take offs to figure how much lumber i'll need.  20 drawers total!  that's a lot of drawers for paint and bobbins.

6 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Toad, hope your recuperation is going well. If you don't mind, tell us the story.

We're still in Tucson. Delayed departure so we could pick up some stuff when the stores open. Plus, Phyl needs her Costco fix. 

Son tutored me on the laser engraver. Still needs some tweaking but looks like it's going to be a fun toy. Tomorrow, I'll set up an area to play with it. Makes a lot of smoke so, it needs ventilation. Can't get wifi in the shop so the back patio will be the best...for now. 

Which laser did you buy Gene?  I'm quasi in the market 

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

Ron, it's a 1.6 watt toy I bought from Gear Best, direct from China. I bought it to experiment with. I appears to do the job but there's a couple minor things I have to work out. 

If I can make it do what I want, I'll be getting a much larger one with more capability and speed. 

I'll give you a call in a week or so.

8 hours ago, steven newman said:

Spot on the arm? Just a cyst sort of thing...healing up, now.   Got a few block planes cleaned up.   Weather is going to be nasty all week.   Lung Function Test Thursday morning.    Same old, same old.

14 hours ago, HandyDan said:

Went to the doctor today and it was all good news.  I went under the knife to have the urethra opened up so I could pee.  It closes up due to an enlarged prostate.  When he got in there he found a mass of tissue the size of a tennis ball in the bladder.  He said in a normal operation 15 or 16 grams of tissue are removed and that he removed 66 grams of tissue form me and I had been thinking that can't be good.  He sent it all out to be tested and the results were clear.  No cancer and a clean bill of health for me.  The best part is the operation fixed the problem and I can pee like I did when I was 20 years old.  All in all it is a great day.

Got the clearance to do what I please and can get back in the shop.  

Good news all around, indeed.