I may need to replace my inexpensive B&D jigsaw soon, it really heats up after about 15 minutes of use (130 degrees). I am looking for personal experience here I can google reviews or look on Amazon, but I want real reviews not cheerleaders.

So, a couple of questions:

1. T or U?

2. Brand and model please.

Thanks in advance.

My usage  is occasional, but when I do use it, it will be for hours at a time. The current project is cutting out large (38") snowflakes for the bosses wife (local winter fund raiser) 2 full sheets of 5/8 plywood. 4 sizes of snowflakes, at least 4 of each size.

Edited by Ron Dudelston
tags added

T shank blades are certainly a lot more convenient. When you change a blade you simply trip a sliding trigger and the blade pops out, then move that same solder to put a new one in. No tools, and  fast change. My choice is saws is Bosch, and my current one is a a JS 572 which replaced a Bosch 1590. For long usage, the 572 is very smooth which should make it a good fit for your application. You didn't ask about grip. I've used a top handle all my life (I'm 69) and thought it was, well, perfect. With my last one I switched to barrel grip. To be honest, I like both and think both are very serviceable...but with my smallish hands the top grip saw would have probably been a better choice. But the barrel grip does seem to have better control.

No one in town carries the barrel grip Bosch, Lowes said it would take two weeks to get one here, so I can't compare the different models. I grew up using a barrel grip, so that's what I'll get this spring.

But for now, I picked up a cheapy at Wally world, $20.00 and the project is done. The cheapy worked great at first, but after about 3 hrs of cutting it started getting more vibration (shock, stun, surprise). The real reason I picked that particular cheapy is that it was supposed to use either U or T blades, nope just T, imagine my surprise (sarcasm).

Here is a picture of the completed snowflakes:

IMG_20171015_152721.jpg

Looks like you made do ok Wichman.  With the right pricing, you could have bought a CNC for the project:lol:

Cal

For the record, my last jigsaw purchase was a Bosch that I picked up at a local pawn shop.  It has given me good service.

Edited by clhyer