Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

Gene Howe

The Coffee Pot v2

29 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

Black-Coffee.jpg.61c2800f85846e17fc0e794bfd89342a.jpg

5a05c0b91e896_1SNORKAWARD.jpg.f29262c1f30cd348b188f8b3cf288c53.jpg

I see Dan drinks his black too...

36 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

"Animals are not oursto eat, wear, experiment on, use for entertainment, or abuse in any other way." (From PETA ad)

if that's the case, then why does PETA stand for People Eating Tasty Animals?  ;)

22 hours ago, p_toad said:

if that's the case, then why does PETA stand for People Eating Tasty Animals?  ;)

...then that makes me a charter member since about two years old.

As soon as they got a few teeth, our boys were eating those Vienna sausage like things for babies. IIRC, they were a Gerber product. Not positive they were meat and, if they were, no telling what meat.:D 

On 11/11/2017 at 10:40 AM, Gene Howe said:

As soon as they got a few teeth, our boys were eating those Vienna sausage like things for babies. IIRC, they were a Gerber product. Not positive they were meat and, if they were, no telling what meat.:D 

...sort of like the pickled Polish sausages I used to sell when I was a bartender! :o

On 11/10/2017 at 8:15 AM, p_toad said:

wait till they find out we're feeding the veggies animals for fertilizer.....

2 minutes ago, schnewj said:

...sort of like the pickled Polish sausages I used to sell when I was a bartender! :o

Loved those things. A couple pickled eggs and one of those sausages made a meal. Now, I'm hungry. But, haven't been in a bar in ages.

4 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Loved those things. A couple pickled eggs and one of those sausages made a meal. Now, I'm hungry. But, haven't been in a bar in ages.

Local VFW always had pickled eggs until about two years ago when the local restaurant/food safety inspectors decided they couldn't sell them.  Don't remember the reason but it still sucks.  Love them things.

As I said, haven't been in a bar in a good long while so, not sure of the pickled egg status out here. But, some of those jars were two gallon sized. At the America Legion, I'd bet it took a few months.....maybe a year.... to empty it. No one complained......well, maybe when they got home, someone did. :lol:

Tractor Supply sells them here, gallon size.

John

7 hours ago, HARO50 said:

Tractor Supply sells them here, gallon size.

John

Here too as does Rural King...not something that my palate craves.

FIL loved 'em along with...

image.png.9d91e35a7244d93f52f5d492a9c28ec3.png

37 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Here too as does Rural King...not something that my palate craves.

FIL loved 'em along with...

image.png.9d91e35a7244d93f52f5d492a9c28ec3.png

Add a beer for a GAStronomic delight.;)

5 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Add a beer for a GAStronomic delight.;)

you don't like anybody in the room or is your mean streak showing???...

I know...

the black coffee made  you do it...

Tied for 1st in the opening swim meet last night...oldest grand-daughter got a 1st place in the opening event as part of 200 IM Relay team...1st year coach had a problem last night...way more swimmers on the team than open slots for a three way meet even with heat races for some events. Good problem to have...gonna' be a competitive season.

Daughter's van that quit on Monday morning was out of gas. In her defense (this time only), the gauge showed ~1/2 tank...apparently a common problem on Chrysler T&C mini-vans...sending unit is part of the electric fuel pump module...she (we) saved ~$200 buying the module at NAPA and having shop install versus them buying the same pump at NAPA and then installing.:wacko: Anyways she got it back yesterday PM.

Mowed/mulched yesterday PM...decided "Indian Summer" is a no show this year. Of course it's been raining since before 6 AM here because I had the mower out. :blink: Forecast was for <.25." We've tripled that so far...typical for our rains all year...have far surpassed the average annual for month of November; 9 consecutive months of doing so<_<

I've came to the same conclusion about "indian Summer", kinda screwed up my planning. I usually get some more winter preparedness done during those spells.