Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

Rate this topic

Do any of you out there live near Lexington, KY?  If so, this weekend (Saturday the 14th) I will be at the local Woodcraft store all day for their Demo Days / Sale.  It would be great if you want to stop by and say hello.  Yes, I will be turning...  but certainly not a very impressive demonstration, other than the performance of our great tools.  I will have tee-shirts, ball caps and other EWT "swag" to give away.  It should be a really fun day with several other live demonstrations going on, including a forge set-up out in the parking lot.  Will Atwood, the store manager is quite an accomplished turner and some of his pieces are always on display.  Come by and say hello, I would really enjoy meeting you.

About 5 hours away for me.  Rats.

10 hours ago, Ron Dudelston said:

About 5 hours away for me.  Rats.

I do speak te language, Jim.  I'm fluent in y'all.:)

Thanks guys....  wish you were here!   If I don't blow up my project, I'll post some pics.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Jim from Easy Wood Tools said:

Thanks guys....  wish you were here!   If I don't blow up my project, I'll post some pics.

Cheers

Hey Jim, come up to the Indy store some time.  Lunch is on me.

3 hours ago, Jim from Easy Wood Tools said:

Cheers

Pics will be great Jim...Like Ron, I'm about 5 hours away...

2 hours ago, Ron Dudelston said:

Hey Jim, come up to the Indy store some time.  Lunch is on me.

Ditto...I'm about 85 minutes from Indy Woodcraft...the new Portillos is less than 15 minutes away from Woodcraft...

I'll be glad to eat lunch too...:lol:

9 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

.the new Portillos is less than 15 minutes away

That's all I needed to hear!  Portillos is one thing Lexington is sorely missing!

I would make the trip to the Indy store for sure if you were there. Actually, there is a wood working store in Ft. Wayne that sells Easy wood tools, you could make a tour!! :) While you were at it, plan it on the first weekend of the month and you could also demo to our turning club, might make a few converts!! Now I think about it, turning clubs are always scrambling for a demo person, might be a good marketing strategy for EWT.

Steve

@Jim from Easy Wood Tools

How'd the demo go Jim!

So we had a really great day at the Woodcraft in Lexington.  It was beautiful outside, 72 and sunny...  they set us up in the classroom so we were able to keep the side doors open and let sunshine and fresh air in all day, really nice.  I turned this cherry plate.  I wish I had spent more time on sanding and finishing (as you can see) but during a demonstration, watching someone sand is like watching paint dry.  Still, it was a good little project.

My cohort Thomas turned a green piece of olive which came out great.  Sorry no pics of this, it's tucked away in brown paper bags to be finished in a month or so.

The best part was my son turned up unexpectedly and I was able to get him to try his hand at turning.  First time ever, and in front of a dozen people watching... I couldn't stop him!  It was great to see him really enjoying his first turning experience. He is calling it his "Game of Thrones" goblet.  He really had fun with it.  Perfect day.

Woodcraft 10.14.2017 3.jpg

Woodcraft 10.14.2017.jpg

7 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Great pics. Didja have a decent turnout?

Yeah..  had a great turnout.  There was a steady flow of people all day long.  Free burgers on the grill didn't hurt!  ;O)

6 hours ago, Jim from Easy Wood Tools said:

Yeah..  had a great turnout.  There was a steady flow of people all day long.  Free burgers on the grill didn't hurt!  ;O)

Huh, what!!!!!!!!!!!

Our local Woodcraft store is having theirs this Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but I can guarantee there will be no FREE burgers, hot dogs or anything else! :(