Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Smallpatch

Ran across this thing I bought in 1961

Rate this topic

One of the oldest tools in my collection of junk and memories. I would think every one should already own one but I don't know if they are still being built?? This one was only made for the metal ones.IMG_9426.JPG.ee2e55c23b44f7ad2e23ae2102b85db5.JPG

It sure was handy back then for I had very little experience at doing anything. It was even hard learning to wave by by!

Like the doctor said when I was born: "I give up..... what is it?"  Looks like the frame for a chimney clean-out.

John

And old water heater stand?

Woops, just your statement about it being a tool Jess, so water heater stand it's not.

Exactly Steve. At the time I bought it I was in to remodeling my first house and had lots of sheetrock to install and yes it saved me lots of extra work at measuring for the cutouts.... not sure at the time but thinking now metal boxes was all they had back then.  But there again I can just almost remember the name of the street our first house was on??

5 hours ago, Smallpatch said:

You guys are close but so is the moon!

In 1961 I still thought we might be invaded from Martians or maybe even aliens from the dark side of the moon...:lol:

Of course Russian ICBM's from Cuba were a little scarier than either of those.:o

47 minutes ago, Smallpatch said:

Exactly Steve. At the time I bought it I was in to remodeling my first house and had lots of sheetrock to install and yes it saved me lots of extra work at measuring for the cutouts.... not sure at the time but thinking now metal boxes was all they had back then.  But there again I can just almost remember the name of the street our first house was on??

Your dad made a six year old cutting out sheetrock for outlet boxes?   Child Labor!

I used my knee to bump the sheetrock to make the indention's.  It seemed like things were more simple back then.

Mealy I was 26 or so with a wife and one young lady about a year old. As the President had already sent his greetings to come and serve in the armed forces. Or that might have been telling me I had been drafted not once but twice. Yep, I served , got out and thought well now I can get on with my life. But no, I was out about a year and a half then I got another draft notice and had to go again. Never heard of that happening to anyone else ever. I argued but they were bigger than me so I went again....At least I didn't have to go to Germany the second time!

Patch, they liked your work. My discharge papers had a note attatched. "Don't even think about coming back".

Some guys have all the luck don't we. I still think they aught to draft ever person for at least 6 months, make them go through basic and advanced training then let them go on with their lives. Every person out there should have to eat C-Rations for a week and have their head shaved bald before they become a man. Not to hot on having women along side men in actual war. I think there is a place for women but not on the front lines.

How about we just make the entire air force women. My wife says they are much smarter than men and there would never be a miss recorded when trying to bring down another aircraft... then whats left of the air force we could have them turned into permanent cooks and dishwashers and table waiters!! Hey I might be on to something.. 

I think I'll call ole buddy Trumpy and see what he says. Do I have your vote????????