Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

CharlieL

6" Open Stand Jointers Dust Collection

Rate this topic

On 10/10/2017 at 9:14 AM, HandyDan said:

When running a lot of wood through the machine the dust collector can fill up in no time.  I often opt to remove the port and let the shavings drop to the floor and manually sweep them up.  

I have a 2 stage dust collector that has a quick and easy to empty separator. It can be emptied into a 30 gal. garbage can lined with a generic garbage can bag.  Another plus is that the separator captures a lot of the dust before it can get to the top filter bag. The result is a filter bag that stays cleaner and maintains good airflow. 

50-760Dustsm.jpg

Edited by CharlieL

4 hours ago, CharlieL said:

( Handy Dan wrote :  My Delta has similar dust collection chute.  Has never been a problem. )                                                                                                                      To me that is insinuating that the stock position of the port works just fine. ) 

It does Charlie. 

Charlie, Dan is happy with the performance of his Delta collection, this doesn't mean your design isn't better. We all have our likes and dislikes. Some people are happy driving Fiat's while others are not happy with less than a  Mercedes. Most of us fit somewhere in between.

Oh well, to the rest of you, thank you for your support.

Edited by CharlieL