Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
lew

Wednesday's Wisdom For Woodturners October 4, 2017

Rate this topic

Sorry but not too much this week. Just stepped outside a few minutes ago-

IMG_0310.thumb.JPG.0f0196cf0622454b82687b99b715acb6.JPG

@rlpeterson updated his previous post about turning black limba-

@PostalTom Posted a picture of a really nice bowl along with some questions. I snagged a picture of the bowl from his post-

59d154509c91c_Fruitbowl5.thumb.jpg.4952a1fd8bf2ca3e7932d5d1ffd791fd.jpg.068dbc58930d4d37df3e929ac9fed909.jpg

Check out his post and some of the responses to his query-

@Steve Krumanaker was lucky enough to be able to attend Marc Adams school of woodworking and took classes from Glenn Lucas. He describes the experience here-

For those of you thinking about that new chuck for your lathe you are definitely in luck. The Easy Wood Tools chuck is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had the good fortune to have tried this chuck a few years ago. It has to be the finest on the market today. The fit and finish is absolutely perfect. The zoom ring makes adjustments quick and easy. Changing jaws is a "snap". You owe it to yourself to seriously consider this awesome lathe accessory.

22089143_1900156236667610_4975236864597104453_n.jpg.fa908c189efa0c3a052e942abfd9a234.jpg

Tim Yoder posted a 2 part video on turning a Halloween Jack-O-Lantern. The second part is linked from his page-

Safe Turning

36 minutes ago, lew said:

. Just stepped outside a few minutes ago-

WOW!!!

all that fishing...

I guess you could say when you run out of projects just shoot the moon. Good one.

Nice job without much help from the "regulars" :) We'll have to try harder.

Steve

Great picture Lew. Perfect visual to take time and just reflect on life, woodworking and recent posts. Thanks!

Did you have a flood, lew? :D

Great Wednesday post. Even though I don't turn, I really enjoy seeing your compilations each week. We have some very talented folks here.

Thanks very much Lew, always look forward to this post.

I went back and studied your moon picture. Realizedl it isn't water so,  what is the moon reflecting on? I'm gonna be up all night wondering.:D