Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Joeb41

If you like squirrels......

Rate this topic

How about that a guard squirrel.  I like to watch them and they don't really bother anything around here.  The chipmunks do meet an untimely death.  They dig under the concrete so I set traps out for them around the house to keep them in check. 

On 10/17/2017 at 9:00 AM, HandyDan said:

How about that a guard squirrel.

yup,,, a guard squirrel...

3445.wmv

Edited by Stick486

This is a very good reason to not attract squirrels to your property.  This was taken by a home inspector.  Note the rafter and the wire.

AAtXjpl.img.jpg

We live out in the open in northern MN and dont have an issue with gray or red squirrels,  But gophers AKA ground squirrels are another matter. 

I have found a good use for them,  TARGET PRACTICE! 

I dispatch 20-30 of them each summer. 

Almost as much fun as Prairie dogging.

Just to re-affirm my dislike for these tree rodents, here is what happens when they decide to stash their..... well, STASH in weird places. The car belongs to my sister's neighbour, in Thessalon, Ontario. She had to get a local mechanic to remove all the pine/spruce cones!

image.png.5b87c1f240a3270a576fa46618610cc8.png

John

calvin.jpg.4cf0c8b6138644f162a546190d60e28b.jpgLOVE IT!!!! As soon as I finish my lunch, I'm starting the build! :D

John

1 hour ago, lew said:

I received a reprimand on another site for this suggestion-

Only reprimand you'll get here is for not posting it sooner.  Right about 1:25 I noticed he added a bunje cord to get some extra launch:D.

51 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

LOVE IT!!!! As soon as I finish my lunch, I'm starting the build!

make extras...

2 hours ago, Stick486 said:

make extras...

Shipping would KILL you!

John

it'd be worth getting those varmints into the airborne corps...

On 10/4/2017 at 5:40 PM, kmealy said:

Hate squirrels.   My former neighbor, the crazy squirrel lady, had about 10 feeders out for them and filled a couple times a day.   In addition the pigeons, deer, starlings, chipmunks, coons, and other nuisances.   She'd drive to GA to buy hundreds of pounds of pecans at a time and had a truck that delivered other bird feed.  

I tried growing peaches but they'd start on them about a month before they'd ripen and clean them all out in about 3 weeks.   Add to that the blue jays, possums, coons and other critters.

Since moving from the suburbs to the country, we are way less bothered by these pests.  We do have some hawks and coyotes that help..

I'd secretly shoot a few during season.

(BTW, I've read squirrels can't digest peanuts).

41797_375444533539_8873_n.jpg.146248210aec79137995a4fb3966161c.jpg

I love having the wildlife around. Give them a few "homes" up in the trees and they'll eat out of your hand.  And yes kevin, they do eat and digest peanuts!!! Tell her to feed them green peanuts (raw) and you'll have peanut bushes growing all over.

Well, they chewed up the wires in my truck, shorted out the computer so it needed a new sensors, new computer and new programming, $2000 later.   This is in addition to the damage they caused to the house.  Got no use for them at all.  Did I say FORMER neighbor?   Moved away from that nut job (no pun intended).

compressed air powered squirrel launcher - aka potato gun...

one that'll give the pumpkin chuckers an inferiority complex...