Cradle Progress Report

Ron Dudelston

45 minutes ago, clhyer said:

That looks superb Ron.  What type of finish will you use?

Final pics after the finish is applied are mandatory!

Cal

The finish is a bit of a sticking point right now Cal.  The customer wants be to spray poly because of the "durability" factor.  I would prefer to spray it with Seal Coat and then spray a few coats of General Finish Endurovar.  That's a discussion for later next week.

8 minutes ago, Ron Dudelston said:

The finish is a bit of a sticking point right now Cal.  The customer wants be to spray poly because of the "durability" factor.  I would prefer to spray it with Seal Coat and then spray a few coats of General Finish Endurovar.  That's a discussion for later next week.

Would you use the water based or the High Performance? 

Ron-----Use Zinsser sealcoat prior to finishing with waterbased finish. Very to no touch sanding required. The best kept finishing secret that I know of is that that sealcoat will seal over any previous material and any finish can be applied over it . Also I find that sealcoat will pop the grain---especially on walnut.

On 9/30/2017 at 7:21 AM, Ron Dudelston said:

Beware that the finish has to be consumable once cure.  I would use Shellac.  The issue is when the child starts teething.