Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

Rate this topic

Picked this up off of a G+ account. Just posting it as another point of view-

http://besttopreviewsonline.com/blog/10-best-planers/

Thanks Lew.

Not to be negative, but...I found the ranking chart to be apples and oranges...somewhat misleading for a newbie who doesn't know what the model numbers are, or which type of planer they represent. The chart mixed up hand planers, bench top, and stationary planers all in one ranking chart. The review information was great but I would have liked to see the three different types separated out. Essentially, rank hand held  (#1, 2, and 3), bench top, and stationary, all in their individual classes.

I,  also, found it strange that the DW734 was ranked both #3 (Thickness Planer) and #10 (Bench Top Planer). What's up with that? That's like comparing a family sedan as a mid-size and a four door. It's the same car no matter what. In, addition, in my opinion, the DW735 has it all over the DW734 for very little money in the long term.

This may just be my personal preference, but I think it would have been more effective if the chart had been broken out better.

In the end, all in all the information was excellent to help someone compare the features, needs, and price point to fit their need.

Thanks for taking the time to post this, lew.

Lew I don't think anyone should even consider a screwball comparison like the one you have shown..

Like was already said by schnewj, this guy is trying to compare tools that are made to do completely different procedures on wood......

One thing I found that could be confusing to some newbies .  He said this about the DeWalt 735.. "It is very powerful and is capable of handling any wood that you can feed it whether it is walnut".... Like many of the bench top planers the motor is a 15 AMP motor that plugs in to an 20 AMP circuit. I know the Mikita is 15 AMPS also.  Some may think the DeWalt more powerful that the rest which it is not.