Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

Larry Schweitzer

It all started making wooden toys

Rate this topic

I just looked at your web site. Much larger operation than what we run. I see you are using Microvellum, us too but we are abandoning it. Made that decision about 3 years ago and have bought Top Solids. I don't use CAD so no first hand knowledge. 

BJ, I went to your web site, midwestcabinet.com, your shop is a lot bigger than mine. Probably more automated. Wonder if we bid the same jobs?

Gotta spend money to make money. Production comes in time... We are at the phase of a large increase. Putting on a second shift and 25 more people to keep up with demand.. I'm one of the few that aren't production......

On 10/22/2017 at 2:57 PM, Larry Schweitzer said:

BJ, I went to your web site, midwestcabinet.com, your shop is a lot bigger than mine. Probably more automated. Wonder if we bid the same jobs?

Jakobe and MidWest are two different companies that use each other. When Pizza hut, IIHOP,, Chilli's.etc call they want full service. A lot of trading between the two. I'm trying to get a commercial shop started at Jakobe.. Before I went to full furniture I was a Residential/Commercial cabinet maker for 30 years...

There still using glue wheels. I'm trying to talk them into RF glueing...

Where are you located?

Edited by BillyJack

Lincoln, NE

Not that far away. They tried a cabinet maker local and it kinda didn't work. Job started April. and just now completed...

They made the cabinets and were delivered to the shop and finished. We installed...

We did the the seating and some custom work...

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

Messenger-Coffee.jpg

Edited by BillyJack

Larry ...Serious big question. Any interest in  doing commercial for Jakobe?

Commented at work and there always looking.

Sometimes we have pizza...

12227154_982977385097424_6640728920702899281_n.jpg

i-like-pizza.jpg

Edited by BillyJack

"Larry ...Serious big question. Any interest in  doing commercial for Jakobe?"

We could do that. We do work for several other shops. It is shipped with their paperwork so it looks like they did it. 

Things we are best at; curved casework & moldings (straight also, we have a profile grinder and make the templates on the CNC router, including the knives for rosettes.) We have a contour bander and trimer. We thermoform solid surface, (3' x 8' oven) and are a certified commercial Corian fabricator. Doweled cases: our CNC bore & insert machine will go to 8' and our case clamp will do 4' x 8' x 900mm. We have a 5' x 10' vacuum pressing table.

That pizza lunch looks a lot like here. We serve lunch once a month for an employee meeting. Pizza sometimes other time we have it catered.

Photo is an elliptical service counter with wood moldings.

ElipticalCtr Comprs.jpg