Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

Larry Schweitzer

It all started making wooden toys

Rate this topic

Kinda got out of control over the last 30 years.

most finest kind...

4 minutes ago, Larry Schweitzer said:

Kinda got out of control over the last 30 years.

never...

just got better...

Well pretty nice shop:P I don't see a coffee maker, donut bar or any shop stools though:lol:

Holy  smoley! I don't know how I missed this when it was first posted....wow!

1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Holy  smoley! I don't know how I missed this when it was first posted....wow!

Now you have a blueprint on how to lay out your new shop, Fred.:D

BTW, Maybe I missed it but how is your new shop progressing?

Herb

Going well, I guess. It's all painted and I've moved a few tools in to clear out the garage.  have the furnace on hand and need to get it installed, then insulate the ceiling. I don't want to wade through the insulation to put in the flue...so the furnace comes first. Even then, it may not be hooked up to the gas so I'll have to deal with that.

A bit over 2m.

Good deal.. We sister with a commercial cabinet company. We are considering a commercial side....https://www.midwestcabinet.com

Edited by BillyJack

Considering what we have invested in plant, seems like we should be doing better than that. Problem is, work flow is uneven. 

Right now we have a pile of work. A fair amount of it is simple cabinets like if break rooms, offices, simple teller lines and straight sales counters for a string of industrial suppliers. Stuff bid against a lot of other shops that are more automated than we are. There are only 2 small jobs currently going through that are curved casework, our specialty. Last week we got a job to make 117 printer stands for a publisher, one drawer, one door, melamine, 2mm pvc, cheap! They have to go through production really fast to make a buck. I haven't seen the CAD files yet but there will likely be the parts for two of them cut from one sheet of 5x10 melamine on the router. Run time 7 minutes, change out time 2 minutes. Panel saw will stack cut the drawer bottoms, so a lot of parts in a short time. The stack can be 3" of 1/4" panels. Our bander is a medium speed machine running @ 18M/minute. so about as fast as a man can load by hand. The bore & insert machine can process on 4 stations faster than a man can handle. 

Assembly at the case clamp includes putting on the drawer guides and hinge plates and it takes about 3 minutes total time for each case. We clamp two drawers at a time in the drawer clamp so about 2 minutes per drawer. Then final assembly, wrapping and shipping. Lots of steps to go through for a simple cabinet.