Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

A Symbol of Clarity Among a Bunch of Crazyiness

Rate this topic

Believe it or not, discrimination has come a long way in the last 75 years. Yes, it still exists and it is ugly. Growing up in a small town in New England, what I observed was mostly the confrontations of the local french and Irish. It was such that the Irish Catholic church members didn't want the french locals to attend their church, so in the early 30's the French locals built their own parish. Recently the church decided to close one of the parishes and the parishioners from both parishes jointly decided to keep the older Irish parish.

When I went into the service in "52 my first experience with discrimination because of color was after boot camp.  I was sent to Amarillo Texas. I had made friends with a couple of people of color. When we arrived in Texas, I couldn't believe my friends, "service members" had to disbark and move to a separate section of the train station.

Police brutality isn't limited to a particular segmen of our society, and it isn't condoned by all police. As for the killing of more people of color, to a large extent,  I think this is the result of high crime rates in their communities, which makes police a bit more  wary when confronted.

We have come a long way and we still have a long way to go. Disrespecting our flag to protest discrimination has only added fuel to the fire.

Does the truth matter?

If the Police are not racist, then what is the real elephant in the room?

Came across this news story  on MSN of all places.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/roofers-in-maine-stop-work-to-respect-national-anthem-flag/ar-AAtAaBD?li=BBnb7Kz

Seems that the MSM is slowly letting the coverage of this "protest" die...I see little news devoted to covering it in the last few weeks. Maybe the NFL is starting to get the message!

4 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Since the NFL is persona non grata here, I don't know. Were there any disrespectful displays Sunday?

Media does not cover the anthem much anymore Gene, so I don't know if they are standing or kneeling, I have waited to see, with plans to turn it all off at the anthem, just out of curiosity. But they go to commercial now. Hmmm.

NFL "no-go" in my home. They lost me, even if they start standing again, I am already done with them.

11 hours ago, John Morris said:

NFL "no-go" in my home. They lost me, even if they start standing again, I am already done with them.

if I had television I'd be right there w/ ya...