Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

A Symbol of Clarity Among a Bunch of Crazyiness

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Ron Dudelston said:

On the TV was an old episode of Gunsmoke.

INSP channel has Gunsmoke, The Virginian, High Chaparral, Bonanza, and many others during the week and especially weekends.

GRIT TV also runs these along with Death Valley Days, Zane Grey Theater and numerous old Westerns  throughout the week along with weekend marathons.

My wife loves Gunsmoke & The Virginian.

3 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

INSP channel has ..........................

I am so glad I haven't got TV...

If I was watching the NFL (which yesterday was Week 2 of not watching), my allegiance to a team would be redirected to the Dallas Cowboys...

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/10/09/jerry-jones-gives-cowboys-players-ultimatum-stand-for-anthem-or-sit-for-game.html

40 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

If I was watching the NFL (which yesterday was Week 2 of not watching), my allegiance to a team would be redirected to the Dallas Cowboys...

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/10/09/jerry-jones-gives-cowboys-players-ultimatum-stand-for-anthem-or-sit-for-game.html

Jone's allegiance to the almighty dollar apparently changed his heart, must of been losing revenue. Sorry Gramps, my inner skeptic.:lol:

I called the number and left my opinion. 

(800) 342-5283

This is the number to Anheuser-Busch. They want to know how you feel about NFL players kneeling during the anthem and if they should continue supporting the NFL through advertisement dollars. Let them know what you think. It's an automated system and asks if are calling about the NFL. Press 1 and then leave your message.

4 hours ago, John Morris said:

Jone's allegiance to the almighty dollar apparently changed his heart, must of been losing revenue. Sorry Gramps, my inner skeptic.:lol:

Perhaps:unsure: I prefer to think it's deeper than that but will leave it at that.

40 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

I prefer to think it's deeper than that but will leave it at that.

Me too Gramps, me too.:)

I haven't watched the Patriots for the past 2 weeks. I don't know what has been happening during the National Anthem with them. I tend to agree with you Dave, Jones never allowed a kneel during the Anthem. He did allow taking a knee before the National anthem but not during. A lot was made of VP Pence leaving the Colts game in protest of their actions. Hopefully it will wake these millionaires who feel mistreated. Instead of protesting, DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE !

Sorry Al, I know how much you have enjoyed watching the PATS over the years. Same for me with the Colts...I heard an interesting comment today from a Pastor....he said he used to record the games so he could watch later and skip the commercials...now he records the commercials so he can contact everyone of the TV game sponsors letting them know he will no longer buy their products nor watch the games thus their advertising $$'s are being wasted on him.

I saw some rumblings today that a fan movement is organizing to walk-out of any stadium where a protest is displayed during the playing of the National Anthem on Veteran's Day weekend which would be games mainly on 11/12. I hope it continues to develop.

The majority of fans the Indy news stations interviewed after yesterday's game felt V.P. Pence did the right thing. It's a shame it had to happen on the day set aside to honor Peyton Manning...it just shows how self-seeking these overpaid narcissistic, self-righteous thugs have become. @Stick486 & @schnewj cartoons above speak volumes.

I apologize, I thought Jones was taking a knee during the anthem in that image in the article.

They are NOT protesting America, the anthem, the flag, or any part of the military. They are protesting discrimination, including police brutality. I see discrimination every d**m day and wonder what will it take to get folks to take a stand against it. I support their protest to call attention to discrimination.  I am an infantry veteran, '68-'70, and am not offended.

hat

well said Dave...

59de1727316e7_DisrespectsMyViews.jpg.db453eaed64ac519b6023bd871e581bf.jpg

Respect earned vs. respect deserved.

Edited by schnewj (see edit history)

I understand your perspective but it is clear to me that many have side-stepped the issue by making it an assault on the anthem and flag. America has long, dark history of discrimination, and it continues today precisely because it is quietly accepted, tolerated, and often ignored and ridiculed. The protest likely would not have happened had we actually made significant progress against discrimination. It is my belief that not taking a firm stand against discrimination in all its forms is a very real statement of disrespect for everything America stands for. ".....Liberty and justice for all...." Really? Any coercive attempt by government or sponsorship to squelch their voices is a vote for continued discrimination. Discrimination of any kind is a disease of the soul of America. Count me as a combat veteran who stands against discrimination.

Is that well-said? Thanks for the phone number.

hat

Edited by hatuffej (see edit history)