Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

A Symbol of Clarity Among a Bunch of Crazyiness

Rate this topic

got this message...

It looks like you currently have an ad blocker installed.

If you are not a subscriber, please disable your ad blocker or white list the Post-Gazette.

If you are an active subscriber, log-in with your subscription or activate your digital access.

found an alternate link...

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/09/24/army-veteran-alejandro-villanueva-is-sole-steelers-player-to-stand-outside-for-national-anthem.html

hurt them in their pocket book...

they'll wake up really quick...

money talks louder than anything...

Edited by Stick486 (see edit history)

On the other side of the coin...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/nascar-owners-warn-teams-anthem-protests-could-get-you-fired/ar-AAspFNX

In my  opinion the NFL and the NBA can go the way of the Dodo bird. They have gotten way to "big for their britches". Nothing more then a bunch of overpaid children who think that they are "gods". Not the kind of roll models I would wish for my children.

26 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

hurt them in their pocket book...

they'll wake up really quick...

money talks louder than anything...

I disagree! People don't care about the politics, they want to be entertained, football is their religion. There will never be enough people banded together to hurt their bottom line.

When the Saints were a loosing team and attendance was down, Tom Benson's solution was to raise the ticket and the concession prices. He continued to make money and the one's who refused to pay the price hikes took a hike, without being missed.

5 minutes ago, schnewj said:

There will never be enough people banded together

the real Americans will...

1 hour ago, Stick486 said:

the real Americans will...

Unfortunately, there aren't enough "real Americans" to hurt them. Even to "real Americans" Mondays, Saturdays, and Sundays are their church days.  It has to be really devastating to their bottom line before it will make a difference to the franchises. 

How many "real American" football and basketball fans have voiced their displeasure to the organizations via calls or correspondence? The answer to that is not many. Most won't bother and the few that will are just gnats buzzing in their ears. The NFL and NBA will continue to charge ridiculous prices to attend their "church" and buy their merchandise.

One lone former Army Ranger stood up when his A-hole team mates wouldn't, but the MSM doesn't report about that, does it?

Edited by schnewj (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, Dadio said:

I stopped following the NFL after 2015 and Coppernichel started his protest and numerous other players followed.

Herb

I can't disagree with their right to protest something that they perceive, or in some case is wrong. That is their right under the 1st. However, find another way to draw attention other then disrespecting the country, flag and people who gave their lives so that they could protest freely. I wonder how many of these, um, "gentlemen" would be the first to say "put me in coach" if they were on the front lines. My comments here may be a little "too political", but it slaps the face of many people (many of them here) who sacrificed for this country and them.

I agree they have they right to freedom of speech but they have no right to disrespect the country in front of all the people.  I hope enough people band together to let them know they are wrong on here.

55 minutes ago, Dadio said:

They are disrespecting one of their own, Pat Tillman, who showed the world what a role model really is.

Herb

Now, there was a football player that should be a role model for every kid growing up. He was a true "Gridiron Hero".

I guess that I should add Villanueva to the hero list, also. So, few among so many (losers)

Edited by schnewj
added statement (see edit history)

Bad enough to see it with sports,   but in congress!?!?!?

If your allegiance is not with this country and our flag, just who is it with?

image.jpg.b5b15393ab7553f6917eac1f53a0aa79.jpg

Edited by Stick486 (see edit history)

Sick, sad & disgusting!...here is where the problem starts here is the problem!

I understand this guy streamed his action on Facebook Live too...

http://fox59.com/2017/09/25/video-muncie-man-burns-colts-jerseys-after-national-anthem-protest/