Current projects

kmealy

Looks like quite a production Keith, both the set and the play!  Where they practicing this over the summer or has this whole thing come together since school started?

There used to be a guy on the Wood forums (JL in NGa maybe?) that did work like this; and Ralph used to do this on Hee Haw IIRC,

Cal

I'm not sure how long they have been rehearsing.   We've been working on the set with volunteers of various skill levels for a couple of months.   I think after the last week I may be informally promoted to "First Mate."  

It is at the school, but an independent theater company.   The school is "yhuge."   I think there's close to 1000 students in each class level.   They have a "scene department" that is also a class students can take.  It would put most HS woodshops to shame (those that still exist).  It also has a costuming / wardrobe department.

• 2 weeks later...

Stained glass is in.  Got my roofing screws from my daughter over the weekend and roof is done.  Caulked the joints on the steeple.

Got the cross and flame done today -- freehand with an artist's brush.   I went to S-W and asked for the smallest can they had of an exterior ultra-deep base.  The guy asked what I wanted to use it for.   I said i need about about 1 teaspoon of red and 1/4 teaspoon of black.   He looked at me funny.  I told him I had UTCs that I would add.  

"You have UTCs?"  he said almost incredulously.  

"Yes."  

"Hmm," he said.

Never mind, they have a whole shelf of them for sale at one of my other vendors.  About $7 for a lifetime supply.  If you just need a little, they'll squirt it in your cup for free.

IMG_9389.JPG.c3e624a9ed23ef83bc78af98e424fbbd.JPG

Edited by kmealy