A Project in Maple..

steven newman

5 hours ago, steven newman said:

3 hours, and this was it?

You got more done in 3 hours than I did all day...I did fix breakfast for 6 people (7 counting myself), one travel snack pack and dishes done if that counts for anything plus a trip to town for errands.

Ok, Gatorades being consumed....Uncle Charles even had the toes cramping up.  

Got the panels raised today...

59c5ad138cf30_raisedpanels.jpg.2e3cda60ddff49f3e16b3ac660c6db8d.jpg

Took a while, but both fit in the grooves.   Got a few grooves milled today as well,  you can see a couple here.

Top and bottom rails were ripped from a 1 x 4 x 26"  Birdseye Maple plank.   Rails.jpg.141027c30dda0447e8632b018756fe41.jpg

1-9/16" wide.    Then a groove was ran down one edge.    Needed a "new" center stile made, as the old one wasn't wide enough..

59c5ae2224e83_centerstile.jpg.0659f49b022042efbb95147435c5258d.jpg

Had to run the Stanley 45 along both edges.    Also has been marked out for tenons...I also used the old  corner post/stiles to check for fit....

Curly.jpg.9bcc8146441ef8592c789ddb7beb8555.jpg

Hmmm, Curly Maple, AND Birdseye Maple,  and Spalted Maple....might be interesting with the shellac hits this thing...

Cramps in the toes, and back of the legs....called it a day.    Maybe tomorrow, I can mill a few tenons, chop a few mortises, and spread some glue around...

Stay tuned....