Friday, August 18, 2017, What's on your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

I'm going to jump in here and steal my good friend John Moody's post.  I think he got bit by the solar eclipse bug.  Speaking of which, If y'all are going to view the eclipse be careful.  For some reason, I can't get too excited about it. 

O.K., on to the weekend since we're halfway through it.  If you've been following my thread on the bookshelf chair you'll know that I'm knee deep into this big ole' boat anchor and as of 11:00 am this morning, the base is on and all I have to do before staining is add a little trim and do some light sanding on it.  Luckily, I work out five days a week so I'll be strong enough to carry it.

So, now comes the question.  What's on your agenda for this pre-eclipse weekend?

eclipse.jpg

Friday: Took step-father to his monthly eye appointment for his injection #127, then we went to a late lunch; afterwards ran several errands and did a little picking (pics in Hand Tool forum); late night transportation service after football game

Today: two round trips to HS in AM for oldest grand-daughter football duties then round trip mid afternoon to take her to a friends who is a boy:P; a few small tasks; wasn't feeling so chipper this PM so been resting...OK napping:P

Sunday: SS/church; Service light came on wife's Jeep today so change oil/filter/service; finish mowing also perhaps depending how I feel tomorrow.

All of this past week was taken up with (extended) family matters. One of my wife's brothers was in town with his wife, who lost her mother on Tuesday. Only the second time we've seen them in 35 years or so! Had them over Sat-Sun, with a big family get-together Saturday evening.  They fly back to Oilberta this evening, so things will get back to normal.

John