The Patriot Woodworker - Custom Theme (Resolved))

John Morris

56 minutes ago, schnewj said:

Just catching up with this thread...I thought it was just my computer...I'm seeing the same issues.

@HARO50, @schnewj, @Stick486, can you please switch to light theme and tell us if you are experiencing the same issues?

Thanks! You all are so patient, I know we are a woodworking community, not a software development community, but your help in this is highly valuable.

4 hours ago, schnewj said:

Just catching up with this thread...I thought it was just my computer...I'm seeing the same issues.

I was thinking the same...

I wonder if this busy custom theme is leaning towards being bloated???

the redo icon is invisible in  this reply window and not in the light theme.. hmmmmm.

@John Morris couple of seconds faster load time...

delay typing - isn't in either theme now..

7~8 seconds page change ...

return to edited post - got time to make coffee...

edit/type/save... instantaneous..

Edited by Stick486

8 hours ago, John Morris said:

@HARO50, @schnewj, @Stick486, can you please switch to light theme and tell us if you are experiencing the same issues?

Thanks! You all are so patient, I know we are a woodworking community, not a software development community, but your help in this is highly valuable.

John,

I went to the light theme and posted a thread with heavy graphics. Not one issue. No lag in typing, scrolling, etc. The only issue that I encountered was that I could not edit the post. There are three "orphan"/duplicate photos at the end of the post and it would not let me delete them.

I am now in the custom theme, as I type this, and I am not experiencing any of the issues that were present previously. I haven't attempted to toggle between the different forums/threads, so if the loading issues is still there I will get back to you.

@John Morris

Just an update. I have not had any problems with the custom theme the last couple of days. The slow refresh, lags, and non-responsiveness appears to have disappeared. Both themes appear to be responding equally well.

The only issues I have found was, when I posted the thread on the Lion Miter Trimmer (using the Light/default theme) it would not allow me to edit the post. I end up with three photos at the bottom of the post that I could not delete. I could edit and delete them, but it would not let me (give me the option) to save the changes. So, essentially, the photos remained embedded.

27 minutes ago, schnewj said:

The only issues I have found was, when I posted the thread on the Lion Miter Trimmer (using the Light/default theme) it would not allow me to edit the post. I end up with three photos at the bottom of the post that I could not delete. I could edit and delete them, but it would not let me (give me the option) to save the changes. So, essentially, the photos remained embedded.

Bill, thanks so much for the review and feedback. The editing issue is known thanks to you, we will be working on that tonight, thanks for the heads up!

I am happy both themes appear to be working well now, the issues we were experiencing were related to server resources not theme, and I did work on that yesterday, and it does seem to be fixed now.

Thanks again Bill, your time is greatly appreciated!

2 hours ago, John Morris said:

Bill, thanks so much for the review and feedback. The editing issue is known thanks to you, we will be working on that tonight, thanks for the heads up!

I am happy both themes appear to be working well now, the issues we were experiencing were related to server resources not theme, and I did work on that yesterday, and it does seem to be fixed now.

Thanks again Bill, your time is greatly appreciated!

No, John, your time is what is really appreciated. You have always been open, responsive and accommodating to all of us. I know that it has taken awhile for you to work all of this out. In the end, hopefully, the visual clarity problems experienced by Stick, Herb and I'm sure a few others have been addressed. I think that you have done a fantastic job of providing a great website with plenty of choices and options. The theme initiative is just one of many improvements that you have initiated, based on member feedback. I'm sure that there will be other tweaks and improvements to the theme(s), but for now everyone seems to be happy with what is there. If that isn't the case, then I hope that the members speak up so it can be fixed.

Again, many thanks for being there for us.