The Patriot Woodworker - Custom Theme (Resolved))

John Morris

1 minute ago, clhyer said:

Can I make another suggestion John?  It may already be here and I just do not see it.

On most sites I frequent there is a way to tell if someone is on line while reading a thread.  Seems like it used to be on this site also?

Cal

Cal, I think now there is a double green line outlining either your avatar or initial when active.

On 8/13/2017 at 8:25 PM, Stick486 said:

Personally, I kinda like the term "reacted". Being a diabetic, I have "reactions" whenever I mis-judge the amount of insulin I have to take, and take too much, or I run late for a meal. In these cases, I have to eat something with lots of sugar. Herewith, my proposal: Whenever you get a notice of a "reaction", grab a donut and enjoy! :D What's not to "LIKE"?

John

My eyes are reacting much better to this new theme. I also like the bigger avatars. And "react" is cool to me. We react to everything. LOL

Speaking of bakeries; I used to live up on a hill overlooking a Colonial Bakery and OH MAN!!!

And then, headed to Minnesota one year, I decided to go through Iowa for a change of pace. I got in this town that smelled SOOOO GOOOD. It was a Quaker Oats factory and they were making their apple cinnamon oatmeal! WOW!!! SO, I decided I would have to go back home the same way! When I came back through that town, I thought I was going to GAG! It was the plain oatmeal and the entire town STANK!

LOL! I just heard a notification and went up to click on it, and it's not there! Oh! There it is-so now I found all the differences in the options and they are nice, as well. I also changed my background to the logs for now, will use the last one, too. And I decided I love the leaf green color.

Edited by DerBengel
add-on

1 hour ago, DerBengel said:

went up to click on it, and it's not there! Oh! There it is-

I've noticed that problem as well! Sometimes things really slow down.... pages won't move when you start scrolling, hover over a "React" button and nothing happens for several seconds, and, just now, the print on my screen is several letters behind my typing!. (When you realize that I type with one finger, that means it's REALLY slow!)

John

Edited by HARO50

1 minute ago, HARO50 said:

I've noticed that problem as well! Sometimes things really slow down.... pages won't move when you start scrolling, hover over a "React" button and nothing happens for several seconds, and, just now, the print on my screen is several letters behind my typing!. (When you realize that I type with one finger, that means it's REALLY slow!)

John

Same here, John. Has been mentioned to Mr. Wizard.

Everything seems OK here, but I continue to use the Default Page.

I just never have been one to embrace all the "custom" options...went through that constantly at work, then an upgrade would come along and you had to reset or update preferences.

My preference is just give me something that works as designed, easy to navigate, easy on my eyes, provides me with all needed access and functions at least at my speed...I'll adapt to the rest.

30 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Everything seems OK here, but I continue to use the Default Page.

I just never have been one to embrace all the "custom" options...went through that constantly at work, then an upgrade would come along and you had to reset or update preferences.

My preference is just give me something that works as designed, easy to navigate, easy on my eyes, provides me with all needed access and functions at least at my speed...I'll adapt to the rest.

I could have written that.... word for word! Agree 100%!

John