Friday, August 11, 2017, What's on your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

John Moody

Last Wednesday the wifey had to go to Savannah to work on Thursday & Friday.  Never one to (willingly) pass up a trip to Savannah I packed a couple changes of clothes and went along for the ride.  Just hoofing it around the historic district is a pleasure, and I have always found new bits and pieces of Savannah I have never seen before.  This trip was no different.  Ate at a couple of our favorite restaurants and checked out a few pawn shops.  I did pick up a PC circular saw for $5.  It will not start; but it is clean and looks "new".  I thought it was worth $5 just to tear it down and look at it.  On Friday I went to the National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force in Pooler.  If you have traveled I-95 through Georgia you have undoubtably seen the B-47 that sits in the rear gardens.  I spent about 3 hours there and did not get to see it all.  I will be going back.  Well worth the price of admission.  BUCK, ARE YOU LISTENING HERE?  SEEMS LIKE LAST YEAR WE HAD A CONVERSATION ABOUT THIS MUSEUM AND THE ONE IN WARNER ROBINS!

http://www.mightyeighth.org

If there are downsides to a trip like that, even a quick trip, the main one is that I do not spend much time on the computer.  Wait, is that a downside?  Well, I don't get to talk much with my 'net buds.  And, my yard work gets behind.  The lawn must have been a foot tall yesterday and I spent most of the day catching up on that!

Cal

Edited by clhyer
To add the link

On 8/13/2017 at 7:39 AM, clhyer said:

Never one to (willingly) pass up a trip to Savannah

I can't imagine anyone passing up a trip to Savannah

Just hoofing it around the historic district is a pleasure, and I have always found new bits and pieces of Savannah I have never seen before.

Yep, well except some of the days when the temp & humidity hovers the 100 range...amazing place so deeply entrenched in our history.

On Friday I went to the National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force in Pooler.  If you have traveled I-95 through Georgia you have undoubtably seen the B-47 that sits in the rear gardens.  I spent about 3 hours there and did not get to see it all.  I will be going back.

Glad you went and no you can't miss the B-47 from I-95 unless (a) you're napping or (b) digging through the donut remains:D...it kinda'a sticks out!:P...Amazing place isn't it?  You can't see it all in one visit...I've been there twice and hope to get back before I'm "fish food." The Research Center and Veterans database there is one of the most extensive anywhere in the world. We used to stay at the BW Plus next door and walk over to the museum; always stayed there first weekend in Savannah then move to the historic district on Sunday.