Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Moody

Friday, August 11, 2017, What's on your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

Rate this topic

57 minutes ago, lew said:

Love that maple and cherry together!

Working on an ironwood bowl, for me. 

How's that going, lew?

Project from Hades ----

Cleaning and reorganizing while my wood dries. Hard to get much done with all my fingers crossed. Haven't touched a clamp but, oh man, I sure wanna peek.

Picked a few pieces of 1/4" plywood......taking today OFF.    Uncle Arthur in full force on both knees....stairs are out of the question. 

Maybe tomorrow, I can get a back on the dresser....maybe start a drawer or two.   We'll see...

built 4 walls for the pistol range today, 6 feet tall, 6 feet wide, top 4 feet covered with shade fabric.  these are used at our IDPA matches to create rooms and hallways to move and shoot among them.  3 solid, 1 with two shooting windows.  will deliver tomorrow and also fix up some of the older ones that have taken a beating over time.  some people (cough) manage to shoot the lumber.  oops.

IMG_3152.JPG

19 minutes ago, DAB said:

built 4 walls for the pistol range today, 6 feet tall, 6 feet wide, top 4 feet covered with shade fabric.  these are used at our IDPA matches to create rooms and hallways to move and shoot among them.  3 solid, 1 with two shooting windows.  will deliver tomorrow and also fix up some of the older ones that have taken a beating over time.  some people (cough) manage to shoot the lumber.  oops.

Nice clamp rack (and work table ;))

read about everybuddy else being busy...

3 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

How's that going, lew?

Glad I have Easy Wood Turning Tools! I tried my "standard" stuff- lots of catches and sharpening. Still have the bottom to finish off. Might try to make a lid, too. I'll post some pictures. 

1 minute ago, lew said:

Glad I have Easy Wood Turning Tools! I tried my "standard" stuff- lots of catches and sharpening. Still have the bottom to finish off. Might try to make a lid, too. I'll post some pictures. 

Good. Anxious to see it.

Today: 6AM shuttle service to HS for #2 grand-daughter's volleyball practice; on to town to McD's for everyone else breakfast; house cleared at 7:45 A, 2nd coffee/sausage McMuffin, TPW, catnap; read paper/mail & CL corresponded w/ CL seller; 3:30 PM youngest grand-daughter & I headed to west-side burbs of Indy to complete CL transaction in Lowe's parking lot; exchanged cash for body parts (for my truck:rolleyes:); made a couple more stops, then ate supper at Steak-n-Shake; back to county seat, trip to Big R, then shuttle service to HS to pick up oldest grand-daughter after football game; home ~9:15 PM.

Saturday: 7:30AM and NOON shuttle service to HS for football practice; breakfast, coffee, TPW & newspaper in between; PM finish mowing & maybe some garage cleaning; Sunday AM coffee, church, PM: errands; order parts for daughter's van; maybe some shop project time???; TPW; Prepare  mentally for Moanday as needed.

7 hours ago, John Moody said:

the Cherry and Maple tables

Beautiful combination John...really like the leg design and overall proportions.

Great save on your cutting boards too!

Finished turning a few pens for my cousins.

We are having a family picnic today for the immediate family.  The kids and their kids show up for this one but most bow out for the reunion in Pittsburgh in two weeks.  Weatherman says it should be a nice day.

First thing is to take the old drywall from the walls in the shop to the landfill. Then I will start hanging boxes and routing wire to them. When that is done, install the insulation

1 hour ago, Chips N Dust said:

First thing is to take the old drywall from the walls in the shop to the landfill. Then I will start hanging boxes and routing wire to them. When that is done, install the insulation

Sounds like fun, Kelly.....all except for the demo. I always enjoyed wiring and planning for tool outlets. And, insulation isn't all that bad, either. But, hanging dry wall is only fun when I can watch.:D

Eldest son (by 10 minutes) and his bride, showed up unexpectedly, at 05:30. 

No shop time till Monday. It's great to have them here, though.

Youngest son and family will be here Labor Day. 

@Grandpadave52 I've become very familiar with the shuttle service since I retired.

Dag had a close one today.   Making a left hand turn and the truck behind me could not stop and swerved to the left, sideswiping me.   No one hurt, but probably totaled my car and did serious damage to his truck.   Trailer was carrying six or so big logs that jammed into his tailgate and his front end did a face plant into a telephone pole, breaking his window, setting off air bags and crunching engine.  We could not find his right front wheel assembly (wheel, brake, suspension rods).   It was under my gas tank!?  To make matters worse it was two guys from the local woodturner's guild  taking logs for a seminar starting Monday.

3 minutes ago, kmealy said:

No one hurt, but probably totaled my car and did serious damage to his truck.

Glad no one was hurt...BTDT back in April...Iron can be replaced; it's just the nuisance and hassle of dealing with it.