Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

Rate this topic

By the time it craps out and you get a status update I don't think it will matter.:lol:

You guys are causing me to want to spend more $$. I really like my Rigid but, the little PC palm is noisy and vibrates something awful. The Bosch 3725 DEVS5 looks like a sweet machine. 

I know I am late to the party as you already bought the Bosch (which is a very good product), but there is one thing that I have to toss into the mix with ROS and other hand held power tools. I have small hands so it is very difficult for me to get power hand tools just by brand. Along with my small hands comes with 2 shoulder surgeries, 3 back surgeries and knee replacement surgery. So whatever power hand tool I buy I don't necessarily buy a specific brand over another, but I find the tool/brand that fits my hand first and then go from there on the check-list. I ended up with a Milwaukee ROS which works very well but it is more aggressive, in my opinion, than other ROS brands. But I got it because of all the major brands out there it fit me best. When I make up a batch of cutting boards for Christmas I can sand for multiple days at a time. So I need to have one that doesn't mess up my body mechanics.

1 hour ago, Allen Worsham said:

I know I am late to the party as you already bought the Bosch (which is a very good product), but there is one thing that I have to toss into the mix with ROS and other hand held power tools. I have small hands so it is very difficult for me to get power hand tools just by brand. Along with my small hands comes with 2 shoulder surgeries, 3 back surgeries and knee replacement surgery. So whatever power hand tool I buy I don't necessarily buy a specific brand over another, but I find the tool/brand that fits my hand first and then go from there on the check-list. I ended up with a Milwaukee ROS which works very well but it is more aggressive, in my opinion, than other ROS brands. But I got it because of all the major brands out there it fit me best. When I make up a batch of cutting boards for Christmas I can sand for multiple days at a time. So I need to have one that doesn't mess up my body mechanics.

You're right, Allen.  It all boils down to YOUR checklist. The ergonomics are important. If something doesn't fit your hand then...

Once you find out what fits then the other criteria kicks in, no matter what the priority of your hierarchy list.

Personally, for me it boiled down to the Bosch. It fit my hand like a glove compared to the Rigid, DeWalt, et. al. ROS's. Finally, the quality, CS, availability, etc., ticked off the checklist. I think, that, we all seem to forget everyone has their own needs, wants, and other criteria. What is good for one may not be good for someone else. Unless you are constantly using the tools on a daily basis the tools will probably last you for years. When it finally winds down, it may be a decade (or two or three) before it needs replaced. We all know that a lot can change in that time span.

Nothing says, that, you can't have two or three of something. Sometimes you have to match the tools to the job/operations. Want more aggressive cutting action...Rigid(?)...less aggressive...maybe different one. I have around ten or so routers. Some do better then others at different operations. That is why I have that many. Trim, plunge, "D" handled, fixed base, high HP...

No one brand, size, or price is a fit-all for everybody.

Well, here goes------this may be contrarian in nature. I have been doing woodworking and construction for fifty years. Been using various ROS  brands over those years. After trying out the new low profile Festool ROS I was hooked----bought one. I have never been more impressed with any tool I have purchased. Price aside it is a true pleasure to use----stops immediately when switched off-----When coupled with auto start vacuum this unit is completely  dust free---nearly vibration free. Depends on ones reasons for being in the shop but for me I get great satisfaction out of great functioning tools, sharp blades, Willy Nelson on the sirrius radio and 4:00 Red Solo Cup events with good friends.

I don't think anyone would argue with you Marv, when it comes to the quality of the Festool. In the end, for most of us, it comes down to pricing. 

Willy Nelson is the greatest !

Just a follow up on my new Bosch ROS. I have been using it hard for two weeks now on a cutting board project. It has performed flawlessly. Dust collection is good and hand fatigue is minimal. I got the PSA pad from Tool Barn so I can use my backstock of PSA discs (thanks Stick). It outperforms my old PC 100% and I would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for the follow up Joe. Glad you're happy with the Bosch.

12 hours ago, RustyFN said:

I have a Makita palm sander that I have been using for around 35 years. Still going strong.

LOL! Mine won't die either. I just replaced the clips and pads after 30 years of hard use.