Garbage Disposal

Danl

We don't have one but I've replaced them for other folks. I'd look for quiet, make sure there's room enough under the sink and a port for a dishwasher- if there is one.

Usually when I ask people which one they want, the answer is "the cheapest one". Not sure that's the best alternative.

5 minutes ago, lew said:

We don't have one but I've replaced them for other folks. I'd look for quiet, make sure there's room enough under the sink and a port for a dishwasher- if there is one.

Usually when I ask people which one they want, the answer is "the cheapest one". Not sure that's the best alternative.

Like tools, cheap appliances will always bite you in the end...so to speak.

Thanks for all of the good advise.  We are on a public system.  Our disposal is not used much.  The current one is a Kenmore 3/4 hp unit installed 20 yr ago, is working fine, but is very noisy.  We are replacing the sink, so I though we might replace the disposal also.  Thanks again.

Danl

On 8/9/2017 at 7:07 PM, It Was Al B said:

Just a note here. If you are on a public sewer system the garbage disposal is great. If you're on a septic system,  a garbage disposal is not recommended, unless you have a grease trap installed. The grease from the garbage will clog a septic system

a grease trap is a good idea on any septic system even without a disposal too. They are a dread to clean out though VOE.

Herb