Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Smallpatch said:

I doubt if he would have had any critics at all if he had not invited it to start with. A person could show that clock to 50 people and ask them to make one and there would be 50 different versions of that clock.. On second thought only 2 maybe would have made one, the other 46 would have been too lazy..

Or procrastinated until the eighth day.

I doubt if he would have had any critics at all if he had not invited it to start with. A person could show that clock to 50 people and ask them to make one and there would be 50 different versions of that clock.. On second thought only 2 maybe would have made one, the other 46 would have been too lazy..

Are you trying to test my arithmetic also, Jess?:lol:

Cal

4 minutes ago, clhyer said:

Are you trying to test my arithmetic also, Jess?:lol:

Cal

the others never finished...

Thanks  fellas for all the good ideas and you hit my concerns on the head about the hand being a thumb.

I didn't like the hand after I made the clock, will improve that in the future.

The Knot looked solid and unobtrusive when I cut it out, but after I glued it up and was routing the out side profile ,it blew out on me. Rather than starting over and being as it was a mock -up, I filled it with wood putty and kept on going. The future clocks will have better wood.

I printed out the face myself on 8 1/2 X 11"PSA Label paper. It was drawn up  by my cousin to my specifications.  That is as large as I could print on letter sized paper. I can shrink the outside radius a tad to narrow the white margin.

The white background is white melamine coated tempered Masonite from Lowes. It doesn't show in the picture, but the 1/16" clear acrylic lens on the front ,I also got at Lowes.

The movement I bought on E-bay and comes with the hand included. it was hard to visualize the size of the hand before I got it. there  were others with slim straight hands ,but they lacked character. Will improve on that though.

Yup you guessed it, used the MiterSet Jig to set up the table saw miter gauge to cut the angles, that was the easiest part of the project.

Stick,Why a 7-day clock? I am always a day early or a day late for appointments, Never can remember what day of the week it is.

Herb

I like, but someone else mentioned a slightly shorter hand, that might be a good thing. Now, how do I get on the gift list?????

1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Now, how do I get on the gift list?????

Get in the line forming behind me!:lol::D:lol:

Herb I can print out a face that is 3 foot across. Depending on the size I started with it will come out in multiple pages which is not that hard to cut and put together with transparent tape.  

The idea comes to me to do the different days in different colors. You could print on different colors of paper then as Jesse said cut it up and glue to masonite. Just a thought.

Herb I can print out a face that is 3 foot across. Depending on the size I started with it will come out in multiple pages which is not that hard to cut and put together with transparent tape.  

That might work,wouldn't need tape,just peel off the back and stick it on the backer board.if I could line it up right.

Herb

The way I install a pattern is to cover the wood with clear packing tape then I spray the stickum on to the packing tape then place the pattern on to the stickum. So It is better to have taped the pieces together first... No hurry and not as much screw ups. That last lady I did I forgot to put the packing tape down first and it took me half a day and lots of lacquer thinner to remove the pattern and clean off the stickum off the wood...

If its a big pattern I get my wife to hold one end of the pattern while I try to place it exactly where it needs to be....I have made lots of messes installing them by my self with patterns that are large like 15 inch square.

I like it Herb. I have a store bought version and look at it daily. I also am retired and do forget what day it is.