New to Patriot but not to woodworking

Guest Fastback

Welcome to TPW Paul and thanks to @Joeb41 for inviting you. Glad you took the leap! I think you'll find this the most friendly and helpful site anywhere.

It appears you're signed in a Guest yet and not fully subscribed/registered yet. If you have questions regarding that, several can help.

Looking forward seeing pics of all your shops...several car guys and a few with machining set-ups too.

Lastly, new guys always provide the donuts...I'll take chocolate iced, chocolate for my cut!:lol:

Thanks Grandpadave52, no problem with the donuts, but you'll need to come to Massachusetts to get them.  I like the cream filled ones myself.  You had better hurry while they are still warm. If you can't make it I'll give your share to JoeB.  As for my first post I did not realize that I was posting as a guest until after I posted.  C'est la vie!  Yes, at some point I will post some pictures.  

Paul

Hi Paul, Glad to see another  member from Massachusetts . The guys here are great. Lots of talent willing to help the wana be's like myself. As for Dave's donuts, just hand them to me and I'll be sure he gets them  "chuckle" ;):P Attleboro is a distance from here( Salisbury ) but we both support the Pat's. I've tried to get Dave to become a fan but he insists on sticking with the Colts. 

You do seem to have a complete workshop, minus, maybe a bandsaw. I can't say that my shop is that well equiped, but I'm sure the better equipped shop also has the more talented woodworker working in it. Woodworking is a hobby with me. 

Hope you stick around here, the best woodworking forums , bar none. 

Edited by It Was Al B

Well Joeb41 told me that this was friendly site and based on the welcomes I have to agree.  Seems like I may need to buy some share in DD in order to fill all the donuts requested LOL.  Thanks a lot,

Hey, it was Al B, I guess I missed a few pieces of equipment in my intro.  I do have an old 14 inch band saw made in Tiawan that I purchase in 1984.  I also have a Delta Boss sander as well as  a Grizzly 6 x 4 belt sander with a 9 inch disk (I think).  One other bench tool is a small horizontal mill that I converted to do mortising.  I have a 12 inch Rigid compound chop saw on a aluminum saw stand.  Last machine is a Dewalt 18 inch scroll saw.  I have a Delta sharpening system I use for my chisels, hand plan's, jointer.  Oh, I also have a 30 gallon air compressor (with air drops around the shop.

I have other machines but I do not have room tin my small shop for them.  Like a Rockwell Delta 10 inch radial arm saw, Delta 9 inch contractor's saw with a Vega fence.  In all I have 4 drill presses  (one is used in each shop plus a spare.  I also have my Father's old Delta 8 inch table saw with tilting table and his 4 inch jointer.  I also have some saw sharpeners by Foley and Belsaw.  Also stored in my barn are 2 other 10 inch chop saws.  Some of these tools I was saving for my son but even at 35 he does not seem to have any interest. Too bad!  These are the major tools that I can think of off the top of my head.  I may have more.  

I don't want you to think I am boasting, I just have a love for tools and find it hard to part with them.  As for the name Fastback, yes I have a 66 Mustang GT Fastback with a 289 cdi. 

Paul 

1 hour ago, Fastback said:

I also have my Father's old Delta 8 inch table saw with tilting table and his 4 inch jointer.

How cool is that!

As for the name Fastback, yes I have a 66 Mustang GT Fastback with a 289 cdi.

Only if you have pictures, otherwise it doesn't exist :P When I see pictures will I be GREEN with envy:lol: Just don't tell me it's a 4-speed too...

When you get a chance, check out this thread...

I just have a love for tools and find it hard to part with them

It's an uncontrollable disease isn't it Paul?;) I've given up treatment and just try to learn to cope with it the best I can.:P But you've come to the right place to receive support and understanding. It seems most all here suffer from various degrees of this ailment...just know you're not alone.:lol: