Wayne's What?!?

Cal

Bob, while not the bible of trimwork the book I did get has provided me with a lot of information and ideas.  In the wainscoting section, on page 150 is a picture showing it to extend further up the wall.

That is interesting, as in the glossary they define it as "any trim structure installed in the area between a baseboard and a chair rail".

Cal

Edit - after looking at the pic below I just noticed the author's name...  Wayne's book I reckon!!!

IMG_0907.JPG

IMG_0906.JPG

Edited by Ron Dudelston
trim work

On 7/27/2017 at 7:05 AM, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Take solace in the fact that's only one of many, many, things that are incorrect on most of those shows.

Including some of the work.  I used to shake my head at the program where two couples would redecorate a room in each other's homes, with the help of a "designer" (not a builder).

Or the "we're going to flip this house in six weeks and make a ton of money," that goes on for six months and usually has a "Load-bearing wall?  What's that?" sprinkled somewhere among the surprise finds of termites, water damage on the foundation, or plumbing & electrical problems.

And you will notice they never show close ups of the "after."