Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Good luck!!

I'll be watching for more photos

6 minutes ago, LarryS said:

Good luck!!

I'll be watching for more photos

The next photos should be more interesting, than seeing a few panels laying on a workbench. :)

Talk about a time crunch.

Of course, we want lots of pictures and detailed explanations. 

That shouldn't slow you down....much.:D

I am surprised the appraiser did not offer to complete his appraisal "as-improved".  This simply means the appraisal is done with the assumption that the bath is complete and functional.  The lender then holds up closing until the "improvements" are completed.  This does require an additional inspection by someone - the appraiser, the bank or a building inspector to sign off on the improvements being what was considered in the appraisal.

Never dealt with the VA though, it may be something they do not do; or there could be other reasons not to do it.

Years ago the wife & I were going to build a house.  Had purchased a lot and drew up plans for a two story with unfinished basement.  Got bids for completion of the shell and first floor.  My plans would be to finish the upstairs.  Went to the bank and their response was "NO - too much money for a finished one bedroom one bath home.  Be glad to loan you another 20 grand to complete the upstairs so that we have a 3 BR 2 BA home for collateral..."   We ended up buying our present home and selling off the lot.

Cal

1 hour ago, clhyer said:

This does require an additional inspection by someone - the appraiser, the bank or a building inspector to sign off on the improvements being what was considered in the appraisal.

I can only imagine that a return trip would not be free Cal, in that case, whatever we can save out of pocket is more desirable, we are already spending 600 dollars on the appraisal out of pocket, so if we need to do it in one shot, fine. But to answer your question, no, they did not offer to appraise is "as-improved". Would have been nice to been offered though, at least give us some choices.

Looks like a "whole lot of shakin" is going at in the Morris house.:rolleyes:

I'll be watching for the detailed PIP updates! :P

Certainly a good catch on your part, and there's little doubt in my mind that your vanity will be a very nice one. But I hate it when I have to work against a deadline. Are you planning on oil based varnish on the inside?

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, lew said:

Those dowel end just blend right in!

They did Lew, normally I'd be concerned about grain orientation for the dowels, but this cabinet is getting painted.

Holy Cow, you ain't messing around with this project! I love the cutout design and proportion...

Looking forward to the next episode...try to stay cool and hydrated the next few days though!

You are moving along quite well! Great job

Way to go John, you'll get it done for sure.

Man, you're fast. Good, too. That vanity will be really nice. 

The appraiser should be impressed. 

Yep, you're really hauling butt. Gonna be nice!