Shaker Style Vanity (Poplar)

8 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

If the appraiser asks, we won't tell.

Sweet adaptation. 

That could be a song title. 

"Sweet adaptation, you make me smile...

"Sweet adaptation, with just a router and a file...

"No more worried stares...

"No more sink hole scares...

" It fits like a glove

" Oh, how I love...

" My sweet adaptations...

Dang, Gene that was good!

1 hour ago, John Morris said:

So I got the grinder and cut a chamfer into it and that gave me just enough. 

Well like an old carpenter used to tell me, "ya' ain't gonna' see that from the middle of the road!" ;) I gotta' say it looks pretty darn nice from where I sit! :)

Wouldn't have had to do that on a big box vanity because it (a) probably wouldn't have had a divider to begin with or if it did probably would have only been 1/4" covered chip board. Yours will far outlast the appraiser...maybe a couple of appraisers.:D

Edited by Grandpadave52

Thank you for the comments guys, they are very encouraging. We got a lot done today since this morning!

I'm pooped! My goal was to paint tonight, but it'll have to happen in the morning, Mrs. Morris still needs to go out with the kids and pick up a quart. So I couldn't paint even if I wanted too, thank goodness!

12 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Paint tomorrow...how many coats plus the primer???  Drying time...hook it up, fix the leaks....when did you say the appraiser was coming?

One primer one coat I am thinking Gene. If it needs more I can paint in place. Leaks! Surely you jest!:lol:

Appraiser is coming Tuesday. :o

Not pictured, I just installed the Blum Tandems before I closed up shop, I wanted to get those in before the sink goes over the top, I'll install the vanity without doors and drawers, as long as it's functional we are good to go.