What to do with a...

Now have the van back home....Fuel pump.....$$$...OUCH!    Coil-pak was fine.....pump and filter are one ''unit"...double ouch, they have to drop the gas tank to change both.   Walked the three "klicks"  to pick the van up.  DROVE back home. 

LUNCHTIME!

Maybe after Lunch has a chance to settle, I might do a little woodworking?   Too bloody hot to work on the Gazebo right now....stay tuned.

I fixed breakfast for the two grand-daughters and myself, read the paper, drank two travel mugs of coffee, took a shower, transported the youngest grand-daughter to the B&G Club in the county seat, ran a couple errands, got a large Chocolate Malt at DQ and came home...is that about the same as you got done before lunch today?:rolleyes:

I can introduce you to my friend, who will help you sort out those chisels and planes by width,type, length, and get a color coded system working.   On second thought, they'll need to be replaced with ones that match brands & colors on the handles.   ;-)

http://thepatriotwoodworker.com/topic/20385-a-shop-to-build-projects-or-a-project-to-build-shops/#comment-118285

Edited by kmealy

7 minutes ago, steven newman said:

still too nice of a day to spend in a basement.....might just take the day off

Now you're talking & thinking straight! Sometimes just need to enjoy life!

Enjoy your day. The project and us will all be around tomorrow if needed!:P

Edit add:

still too nice of a day to spend in a basement.

Unless you're @lew with a gaggle of relatives hovering about:lol:

Edited by Grandpadave52

Ok....Here is what LITTLE got done, today..

.597e73e52ba4d_oneraisedpanel.jpg.baf5225ae2678a11fe07b50dc74126ba.jpg

Finished ONE raised panel, and tried to fit it....Two more blanks sitting there were crosscut and ripped to size ( I hope) and feet were made on the stiles.

597e745fafd87_toppanel.jpg.58c70159cbb8dba169aee10a68ca95b4.jpg

Two of these "Top" panels were sized, one is set in the jig....then got distracted with saw work..

597e74b5279ea_panels23.jpg.ef32934ad5ab7275be8ed160ae99429f.jpg

Panel blanks #2 and #3 ariived from the bandsaw....

597e74f1ac43c_loadedbandsaw.jpg.dca5ddb4643d2d38682ef734de3c7a5e.jpg

Two more are waiting to be ripped for width...one doesn't look too bad..

No.2.jpg.9723570143690dcf99e8e496c48022ec.jpg

#3.    Simple cut...as for the other one..

no_2a.jpg.8875f3309c9e5963a94af72159d38092.jpg

Might take a little extra work? 

parts.jpg.e4df12d987086a22512a62c0f64192a6.jpg

Will need a "back Bevel" on the raised panels,  so they sit in the grooves better.   I also transferred the marks for the mortises to the next two stiles,  hopefully they will line up with the ones I already made.   Too much going on at once....time to step back, and decide where to focus on.....

Stay tuned, Tuesday is just around the corner...

Thought about trying to do a glue up......not happening.  Not enough hands.

Bench still has the jig set up, and I have the panels for the other side to get raised....may go in the direction...tomorrow. 

I think I may be getting the hang of raising a panel.....

Bought a few 1 x 2 x 8'  at Lowes today....can start building webframes with those. 

May still try to buy a plank or two from a friend of mine...coming up about a plank short...

Stay tuned...

9 hours ago, steven newman said:

coming up about a plank short...

You too huh? I've been "about one plank short" for years but manage to get by!:lol:

BTW....I think you're getting the hang of raised panels too! Nicely done and a pretty good days work for a "one armed bandit.":P On a Monday too!