Is this our future country leaders????

Fred Wilson

I really didn't know how to title this.  A handicapped man is drowning in a lake in Florida and these "teenagers" are filming the scene, laughing and taunting the man.  Did any one of them step up to save a fellow human being?  NO     sad, mad, upset, and a thousand other of this type of emoticons

Fred, I am sorry but I had to delete the video due to the graphic nature of it. I know you meant well sir, and I completely agree with your frustration, my gosh what has happened to some of our kids! But I had to remove the video sir.

Thanks for your understanding Fred.

Hopefully, as these teenagers mature, this memory will be imbedded in their minds and they will forever wish they had acted responsibly. Maybe the day will come when they are on the opposite side of such a situation.

No respect for human life.  Of course who's to say the would treat animals any better. 

Here is the story for those who may not have read it.

The video was shocking in Florida, where shocking videos seem like a genre. A group of teenagers laughed and watched as a man struggled in the water of a pond. The man drowned, and his body was not found for days.

The five teenagers did nothing to help him, not even call 911, but after examining the video, the authorities said this week that they did not break the law.

“In the state of Florida, there is no law in place that requires a person to render aid or call to render aid to a victim in distress,” Yvonne Martinez, a spokeswoman for the Cocoa Police Department, said on Friday.

But the local police were not giving up. Later in the day, they said that they believed a different Florida law requires any person who is aware of a death to report it. Ms. Martinez said the authorities would recommend charges under that law.

The man, Jamel Dunn, 31, drowned July 9, and his body was found five days later when the police received a report that it was floating near the edge of the pond in a park in Cocoa, a town with 18,000 people near Orlando.

Archived