New to the Fold

17 hours ago, p_toad said:

Robert,

Welcome to the forums.   Hate to be the spoilsport, but always remember your safety (especially if you have little helper(s).

Fingers, eyes, ears.   You name it; you have them, they have them...you all want to keep them in perfect operating order.

Feel free to dive in anywhere.   Be very interested to see any of your laser projects (does it cut/burn/wood/metal???).

Everybody talks about donuts, but i've never seen (or smelled) them.   As the saying goes; the cake is a lie.

Thanks for the tip.  The girls love the light show the laser puts on and I have to constantly watch to make sure my toddler doesn't get to close.  

As for the laser, right now it's a low wattage laser that can burn, it could cut if I do enough passes, but that would take forever.  So right now it basically burns the wood to create the images.  It is only a cheap desktop model to help me get started and let my creative processes flow.  

On 7/22/2017 at 2:09 PM, Stick486 said:

you dead???

not yet, but i'm working on it.  one day at a time.

The donuts are gone long before i get there.   There's no whiff of them anywhere and the platter's been licked clean.

I'll leave it to you to figure out who got there first.  :D

Edited by p_toad

1 hour ago, p_toad said:

not yet, but i'm working on it.  one day at a time.

The donuts are gone long before i get there.   There's no whiff of them anywhere and the platter's been licked clean.

pretty much the same deal for me...

1 hour ago, p_toad said:

I'll leave it to you to figure out who got there first. 

so what do we do w/ the ''culprit'' when we find him....