Help with connecting a Dust Deputy to a Fein vacuum.

Hello, 

I know that I am not the first to have this issue. I just got a Dust Deputy Deluxe Cyclone Separator Kit as a gift and have been putting it together. I have a Fein Woodworking vacuum that I want to attach it to and it seems that I need an adapter to connect it to the dust deputy. I contacted Onieda air and they gave me a link to a company that makes plumbing accessories. An email to them resulted in no reply. Has anybody else out there faced this problem? If so, how did you do it?

Best to all

Ron 

Edited by Ron Dudelston
tags added

If you have a lathe and a chuck you can make PVC fittings that are close to the size that you need.  The PVC turns easily with regular tools.

NOTE:  The inlet port on the side of the Dust Deputy is made to accommodate two hose sizes.  If you are using the large size cut the smaller size off.  I found it will catch some shards behind it and overtime a clog will develop.  I cut the smaller diameter section off and solved the problem.  The center top is not a problem since debris does not go through it and can be left as is. 

Just thought that I would show you what I did. I took the advice from Handy Dan's post and bought some PVC 1 1/2" pipe and a joining adapter for 1 1/2" pipe. I found the the link piece was about the size that the vacuum accepts from the hose. So I put it on my lathe and made an exact match. I used half of the joining adapter to make what goes into the vacuum and used the other half to fit inside the 90 degree angle provided in the kit. This made a snug fit. I have a photo showing what I made on the lathe and the setup of my system. Now I just need to find hose clamps to hook the black hose to the vacuum. Thanks for the suggestion Handy Dan, it was fun using the lathe on pvc. 

Ron

20170722_142125.jpg

20170722_141454.jpg

1 hour ago, rlpeterson said:

Thanks for the suggestion Handy Dan, it was fun using the lathe on pvc. 

You're welcome Ron.  Glad you came back and let us know how you made out.  It is fun turning the PVC on the lathe but it sure makes a mess to clean up.:wacko: