chance to comment on "flesh sensing technology" legislation

18 hours ago, CharlieL said:

Cabinet saws in my opinion are over blown for a hobby shop. They are industrial grade saws. For bragging rights like owning a Corvette, but certainly are not a must have. In my opinion the Contractor's table saw has gotten an unfair rap by cabinet saw pushers, and people that buy a lesser brand of Contractor's saw, plus don't know what the correct circuit is to plug it into, have a less then great fence, and probably don't read a board before running it through the table saw. I could of bought my fathers Delta cabinet saw when he hung up woodworking not too long ago, but the Delta Contractor's saw with a Unifence, and wired up for 230 V, that I've been using for 25 years fits my needs perfectly. It's been a great saw for me. Infact I like it so much that I also have the Delta 9" version in the basement small shop, that I use in the winter, or for small quick jobs.

I agree with that sentiment....I have a cabinet saw  because I can. But other than being able to cut thicker wood with less strain on the motor going from my Delta contractor saw to a Unisaw had pretty much zero effect on anything I did.

10 hours ago, It Was Al B said:

Sorry Gene, unless someone has one in stock, thanks to greedy GASS, it can no longer be sold in the USA. I've been happy with my Jet contractors saw. I did put a Biesmeyer fence on it.

Al, I didn't mean the Reaxx. The "dangerous" one would be just fine. :D