Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! July 17th, 2017

18 hours ago, steven newman said:

I was able to move that desk to get it where I can at least first coat  in gloss varnish....varnish has been applied, too.    Not sure if that counts as being IN the shop...:rolleyes:

Of course it does, finishing is half the effort.

1 hour ago, John Morris said:

You gotta knock that stuff off Ron, you're making the rest of us look bad. I build a drawer for our vanity one weekend and my wife thinks it's a successful weekend in the shop! You lay carpet, tile, remove appliances, and get ready for a show, your making me look bad dude!

:lol::lol:

Things just keep getting better.

My old Triton SCMS sat snugly in a recess atop a 12’ row of cabinets so that the tops of the cabinets were level with the saw’s table. Now, the base of the Bosch is about 4” wider than the recess. Widening the recess is not an option due to the drawer and door configurations. Gonna have to span the recess and set the Bosch on top. That means building an auxiliary table to each side of the saw as well as a new “back fence” for the sliding stop. 

And, I ran out of 220 discs and I still gotta get that library card. 
It’s gonna be a while before play time.

Edited by Gene Howe

We had the wife's new stove delivered Friday morning (was suppose to show up after 3:PM) and the slot for it was a bit to narrow for the stove to fit (the stove was little wider than the 29.875") so Friday night, after a nice long day at work, I got the sander and vac out and sanded down edges of the counters so the stove would fit in its new home, then leveled it up.

Wednesday night, I took the old stove out and installed the new hood to match the stove.

1 hour ago, lew said:

The dilemma of buying new tools. I'm getting lazy in my old age. Updating jigs, accessories and locations is a lot of work!

I imagine this will be my last major tool acquisition. 

After some more head scratching, the new mounting won't be as onerous as I first thought. Won't be real pretty but, it'll work. Still gotta mount it on top. Use the recess for measuring tools and dust.;)

9 hours ago, John Morris said:

You gotta knock that stuff off Ron, you're making the rest of us look bad. I build a drawer for our vanity one weekend and my wife thinks it's a successful weekend in the shop! You lay carpet, tile, remove appliances, and get ready for a show, your making me look bad dude!

Confession is good for the soul.  I didn't lay the carpet.