Gene Howe

The Coffee Pot

5 hours ago, DerBengel said:

Why do people do what they do, sometimes???

they don't know either...

12 hours ago, DerBengel said:

Why do people do what they do, sometimes???

Image result for brainless people

The depth of my horticultural knowledge is less than Keith's wax layers but, I do believe I could tell the difference twixt a Tiger Lily and a weed.

14 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

The depth of my horticultural knowledge is less than Keith's wax layers but, I do believe I could tell the difference twixt a Tiger Lily and a weed.

can I have a block of instruction...

@Gene Howe

SNORK!!

SNORK!!

The house is now a deafening silence quiet with all the kiddos back in school. No mid morning, mid day, mid afternoon, early evening transport services  required either...what to do? what to do?

Mowing marathon D-2 to resume this afternoon. change oil/filter/service my truck this AM, weed abatement (via spray) the drive-way and a few other areas. I may (or may not) mix up another batch of 2 cycle mix and hit the weed eater trail again later this PM. Right now my second round of coffee just exited the Keurig and the mail/daily paper just showed up. I hope the cat doesn't force me to take a nap with the paper still in my hands.:rolleyes:.

25 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Preparing my flat surfaces for clamping my recalcitrant walnut strips. Due to be removed from my red neck nonsteam un bending contraption around noon.

Might get some exciting pictures of the process. No voice over though. This IS a family site.

"recalcitrant"

Had to look that one up!

45 minutes ago, lew said:

"recalcitrant"

Had to look that one up!

Applies to a few students, no? A perfect word to describe this walnut. And, some cats I've known.

On 8/8/2017 at 4:33 PM, Grandpadave52 said:

Image result for brainless people

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

On 8/10/2017 at 9:09 AM, lew said:

"recalcitrant"

Had to look that one up!

me too..

LOL!!! I also had to look that word up, not in the long list that I know! Well, now it is! And believe me, I will have PLENTY of opportunities to utilize it, around all the knuckleheads that inhabit the earth! :D

I like it!  Guess we need to assign @Gene Howe to making a word of the day post.

Edited by HandyDan (see edit history)

On 8/12/2017 at 8:54 AM, HandyDan said:

I like it!  Guess we need to assign @Gene Howe to making a word of the day post.

Make it word of the week or word of the month. Too hard to learn and incorporate a new word every day and make it stick-too much like cramming for a test! lol

Talking about inside peoples' minds. The funnier part of this guy's work: he pulled that tiger lilly yet, on the other side of the tree, he left a dead plant that's been dead since early on! Yep, it's still there! He came through again a few days ago, to trim the small bushes. You should have seen him! He stopped to look at mine and stared at them, slowly walking around/stopping to see the entire view. See,  I had trimmed them by hand, not knowing he would be through again and they were looking really shabby. He could tell they didn't have all the growth like the others. Could not believe he made such a big production of it-I was half expecting him to knock on my door! Instead of only taking a few seconds, his staring took him as long, if not longer, than it took him to do all the neighbors' shrubs! hahaha

Edited by DerBengel
add-on (see edit history)

Not likely that anyone here is afflicted with epistemophobia so, lets start a word of the week on Monday. 

epistemophobia - definitely had to look that up and it would seem Merriam-Webster has that condition in the form of being afraid of learning something new! LOL

I would say I have met a lot of people with that phobia! It's a shame, really.