Gene Howe

The Coffee Pot

81 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, schnewj said:

What! You don't like that nasty Rhubarb pie either?

gives me the hives...

57 minutes ago, hatuffej said:

Yesterday afternoon when the air temperature was only slightly hotter than the surface of the Sun, a farmer baling hay accidentally bumped a power pole and knocked it over. Lines shorted and started a small grass fire. The wind was spunky and drove it to a wider area along the highway. Power to the surrounding homes, including mine, was disrupted, just as the A/C was reaching a new high in demand. The fire department doused the spreading flames and the power company restored power, taking only slightly longer than a geologic era to do so. The A/C was back on at 2 AM. Hats off to the crews. Life is good. 

hat

Glad the fire crew got it under control before it got too big. Sorry about the AC though. Makes for fitfull sleeping.

hatuffej likes this

42 minutes ago, Chips N Dust said:

The pie is awesome!

I have no doubts.......

4 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

I'm flying to Oregon to get a slice of rhubarb pie....one of my favorites.

A big DITTO on that!

John

4 hours ago, hatuffej said:

Yesterday afternoon when the air temperature was only slightly hotter than the surface of the Sun, a farmer baling hay accidentally bumped a power pole and knocked it over. Lines shorted and started a small grass fire. The wind was spunky and drove it to a wider area along the highway. Power to the surrounding homes, including mine, was disrupted, just as the A/C was reaching a new high in demand. The fire department doused the spreading flames and the power company restored power, taking only slightly longer than a geologic era to do so. The A/C was back on at 2 AM. Hats off to the crews. Life is good. 

hat

SNORK!!:lol::D

Sorry HAT for the series of events, but this story was just plain funny!!! Glad no-one was hurt and serious damage was avoided, BUT, I'm still laughing at your depiction of events!! THANKS!!

hatuffej and HARO50 like this

Just arrived home after SS/church this AM and a couple of errands afterwards. I'm trying to convince myself the need to climb back on the mower in the hot sun to finish the last acre + roadsides and fence row. Everyone is gone currently leaving a deafening silence in the house and my chair looks so inviting...zzzzzz...Huh, what, no I did not just doze off...maybe I can sneak out the back before my chair notices....

3 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Glad the fire crew got it under control before it got too big. Sorry about the AC though. Makes for fitfull sleeping.

I didn't sleep. Went to the shop at 3 AM and opened the doors so it would cool down enough to wipe on some shellac and varnish on my cabinet doors. The Whip got up at 7 AM and asked me how I slept. Didn't even miss me!! 

hat

2 hours ago, Chips N Dust said:

The pie is awesome!

Is  is the key word here, meaning there still remains some pie...that means there IS hope yet to get a piece @HARO50 & @Fred W. Hargis Jr...assuming you get there before I do:lol:

HARO50 and Fred W. Hargis Jr like this

Just now, Grandpadave52 said:

Is  is the key word here, meaning there still remains some pie...that means there IS hope yet to get a piece @HARO50 & @Fred W. Hargis Jr...assuming you get there before I do:lol:

TO the batmobile, Robin!!!!

John

Fred W. Hargis Jr likes this

1 minute ago, HARO50 said:

TO the batmobile, Robin!!!!

John

Shouldn't that be "Piemobile?" BTW, Robin is on his own...this is between me, you, Fred and maybe Kelly?:rolleyes::ph34r:

Image result for piemobile

HARO50 likes this

3 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Shouldn't that be "Piemobile?" BTW, Robin is on his own...this is between me, you, Fred and maybe Kelly?:rolleyes::ph34r:

No time to get the Piemobile out of storage! As for Robin, he doesn't like rubarb pie, but I need a co-driver. After all, it's at LEAST a 24-hour drive!

John

Grandpadave52 likes this

Sorry guys, I'm closer than any of you. Plane lands in Medford any time now. Kelly's meeting me with the rest of the pie. Right, Kelly?

Kelly..

Kelly...

Grandpadave52 and HARO50 like this

7 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Sorry guys, I'm closer than any of you. Plane lands in Medford any time now. Kelly's meeting me with the rest of the pie. Right, Kelly?

Kelly..

Kelly...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

John

16 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Kelly..

Kelly...

So that's the way is gonna' be 'eh? You Forum Hosts manipulating the pie chart...

Image result for pie eating pie chart

Edited by Grandpadave52 (see edit history)
HARO50, Stick486 and p_toad like this

31 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Kelly already had his piece(s), I think it's just the three of us.

HARO50 and Grandpadave52 like this

17 minutes ago, Chips N Dust said:

Just give me a call from the airport, I will pick you up with a fresh made pie - 541-555-9876

SO WHY DID YOU GIVE HIM MY NUMBER???