John Morris

Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! July 10th, 2017

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

usual retired regime...

got an eye on a new fishing spot... need to hike into it though...

found a massive hive that I think I'll raid...

HARO50 likes this

Got the finish put on 30 of the pen bases.  It was dollar cone day at the local ice cream parlor.  My brothers wife treated him and I to one after dinner on Saturday.  Got some good old goofing off in too.

Grandpadave52 and HARO50 like this

Went up to my wife's place, staged it for an open house in a few weeks, visited with her mom and brought some more of her stuff home.

HARO50 likes this

Busy weekend for me, didn't include much shop time. We traveled to Ohio Sat. for a family reunion on my mom's side. Her generation have all passed and several of my cousins are no longer with us but the reunion is still going strong, for 65 years now.

Sunday was our wood turning club meeting, I shared the demo with another member and it was a good meeting but it takes a big chunk out of the day, wouldn't miss it though.

All in all it was a very good weekend!

Steve

HARO50 likes this

4 hours ago, Stick486 said:

found a massive hive that I think I'll raid...

Careful there "Stick-the-Pooh":P @kmealy...better be checking your hive boxes regularly just in case:lol:

Image result for pooh bear in the beehive

clhyer and HARO50 like this

2 hours ago, steven newman said:

Monday...Shop is closed.    May be a road trip in a bit...

Image result for I don't do mondays

steven newman, p_toad and HARO50 like this

Worked on my flower turning demo which may advance to a day lily (larger). The wife gave one of my gifting 3 inch hollow forms to the mother of her God - grandson. She suggested the flower may go well in the hollow forms so may be more work than I wanted.

Back from a week in the Smokies chasing bears with John Moody.  This week I'll work on show stock and move a bunch of furniture around.  New carpet coming on Thursday.   

steven newman and clhyer like this

Saturday - Restore and then crash.

Sunday - put deck back on lawn tractor after cleaning, sharpening and greasing (and yes, i hit the "law of the greasegun - you know, when you go to use it and you're almost instantly out of grease and need a new tube).  Wrestled it back on by myself although it's easier with help.   Test mowed a strip out front and it works fine but it's all dry out there (well, was until today).   Left most of the white clover for the little buzzy critters.  Cleaned up an expandable bit and handle-less chisel i found at the Restore.  Too hot and humid for me; crashed some more.

Monday - yeah!  Day of rest (erm, I mean, back to work!)^_^  Rainstorms rolled through the area.

Does sleeping in Sunday count? :)