McDonald's accident

Ron Altier

Yesterday there was a lot of excitement at our local McDonalds. A lady went thru the drive thru and was trying to get her order, which she couldn't reach. She was short and opened the door, stuck one foot out and reached as far as she could. She took her other foot off the brake and the car moved. She had the steering wheel cut toward the building and it pinned her between the building and the open car door. The emergency squad had to use the jaws to move the car to get her out and take her to the emergency room.

I do not always eat fast food, but when I do...

I do not use the drive through.  I am not so lazy that I cannot get out of my truck to go inside.  Sometimes I even get in and out while the same cars are still in line waiting.  This often happens at the pharmacy I use too.

Cal

On 7/9/2017 at 7:48 AM, clhyer said:

I do not always eat fast food, but when I do...

I do not use the drive through.  I am not so lazy that I cannot get out of my truck to go inside.  Sometimes I even get in and out while the same cars are still in line waiting.  This often happens at the pharmacy I use too.

Cal

Yes, I'm always amazed, there will be a drive through line or two around the whole building and almost to the street.   Walk in and there might be one person in front of me.

A long while ago, I investigated opening a fast food franchise.   I was told 75-80% of the business was through the drive through.  I decided to opt out, but I noted someone else opened a store of that brand near where they were suggesting I go.   It closed about 5 years later, no drive through.

I went for 25 years in the restaurant business and never saw such a thing. In the last 5 years 6 of our 35 BK's have seen some accident involving a motor vehicle strike. Two of them of course happened right after an extensive remodel, one actually drove into a dining room with guests seated and one saw a customer rip a drive thru window off the side of the building. Almost all of them were involving elderly drivers who were confused thinking they had the vehicle in reverse when it was in drive. One guy took out a brand new Drive Thru menu board when he turned to tight with his work trailer coming through the drive thru. He had the brass ones to then pull on through the lane and pick up his order. It knocked ladders and all kinds of tools off his trailer. He came back as the police were filling out their report on him leaving the scene and tried to say one of our team members took the tools off his trailer while he waited in line. I showed him the footage off the security camera on my cell phone as the police were cuffing him.  Out of spite our construction crew latched onto his stuff and never gave it back. Yeah he was drunk

On 7/11/2017 at 0:29 AM, Kelso Chris said:

Oh and as for people pulling too far away from the window. I see a lot of dirty old men and smart *** young kids do that. They think its funny when some girl has to lean out the window and they get to check out some cleavage.

...and I thought I knew all the tricks... :)

Archived