Cutting board software?

Pat,

I downloaded the free evaluation of the one you mentioned. It isn't very intuitive but there is a tutorial that explains the operation and walks you thru building a cutting board. You definitely need to read the tutorial to figure out how to use the software. I think it is definitely worth the price- if you are going to make fancy designs. It really does help you picture what the end product will look like. The eval copy has only a few colors of woods but you can add more in the settings.

Not sure if you would consider it easier to use than the one I mentioned but it does give you more options as far as the end design is concerned.

If you do decide to download/purchase the software, be sure to burn the download to a CD/DVD in case your computer crashes in the future.

Hope this helps.

I saw a cutting board project done in Sketchup. I'll see if I can find that posting. My initial thought is that the dedicated cutting board software will be easier to use. Sketchup is definitely more versatile but would have a steeper learning curve. 

Here are two examples of using Sketchup to make a cutting board. In both examples, the videos don't really explain how to use Sketchup

The second video is the making of a "Butterfly" board. There are instructions on making this board several places on the Internet.

I also found this video that describes the use of the software you first mentioned-

Hope this helps

Edited by lew