6 hours ago, HandyDan said:

Very nice find.  You might want to look into how a pin router works too.

I did a search, and with the router over the table, it is suppose to work well for production type work using a template is what I understand. Even though it is not in the sellers picture, I did also receive the router mounting plate for the table.

Edited by CharlieL

Geez Charlie...were you able to sleep last night:lol: That is in pristine condition. Should be able to add about any lift out there to it; appears you can add on aftermarket fences and/or fabricate the fence of your dreams; enclose the stand frame for storage; add a caster/roller base and ????? Not even to mention the option of having an overarm pin router...WOW!

Sweet find...NEVER see anything like that in the wild around these parts. GREEN with ENVY!

11 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Geez Charlie...were you able to sleep last night:lol: That is in pristine condition. Should be able to add about any lift out there to it; appears you can add on aftermarket fences and/or fabricate the fence of your dreams; enclose the stand frame for storage; add a caster/roller base and ????? Not even to mention the option of having an overarm pin router...WOW!

Sweet find...NEVER see anything like that in the wild around these parts. GREEN with ENVY!

The plan is to get it on wheels somehow, casters or mobile base. If I do casters I would need to fabricate some mounting brackets for them. Plus I'd like to add a open shelf at the bottom and midway of the stand. The fence I may add to the height of them. The factory made table top could of been done better , the plastic veneer is really thin, and the miter slot is not a standard size, so my miter gauges will not even go into the track. The previous owner got the top work surface wet in a few places and it swelled some. So I'm tossing around the thought of trying to sand it out and reseal it, or just make a new top for it, and seal it up with something more durable, such as countertop laminate ( Formica, etc. ).  The price on the whole machine was right, so I've got a little work to do.

Edited by CharlieL

1 hour ago, clhyer said:

Hey CharlieL - I bought a brake a few years ago myself just to try something different.  What sort of projects have you made with it?

Cal

Hi Cal, dust collection dust hoods and dust separators. I wanted to get creative and make some custom made dust collection improvements to machinery that I felt was needed because no one else offered them. My first goal was dust collection for a contractor's table saw that I own.

Edited by CharlieL

21 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

I see you utilized a patio plant roller base for the 5 gal separator movable base. Works good for the $$'s doesn't it?

Good eye Dave. It does works well, and the price was right, the base was just laying around in the closet not being used for anything. 

Edited by CharlieL

Nice find, Charlie. The fences look kinda cheesy to me. For some inspiration, check out Steve Ramsey on You Tube. He built a router table/cabinet/fence.

My fence is similar and a one piece affair. Remember that the fence doesn't have to be perpendicular with the table. All it really does is help position your work piece so it passes the cutter properly. There is no 90 deg rule for routers. Except to make sure you pass the work piece by the cutter in the correct direction.

Stick, where you at with your router operation diagrams?

I have done alot of stuff (MacGyver style) with my table and router. I have used a simple board as a fence clamped to the table. I have temporarily clamped a piece of mdf for a table top because the router bit was not adjustable as needed to be. It was a big raised panel bit and the aluminum router plate hole was too small for it to fit through so I installed it from above the table, then added an auxiliary top with a big hole cut in it. That worked great and my panels came out nice. I also have to add auxiliary fence pieces to accommodate the big cutter also. See pictures below.

So, the bottom line is you are only limited by your imagination. I think you have a really nice table to start with. Good luck and carry on.

Note: Sometimes I have my little helper (granddaughter) in the shop to help with glue ups! :)

Mike

Steve Ramsey router table

2013-10-11 19.32.01.jpg

2014-05-14 17.10.35.jpg

2014-10-24 11.03.04.jpg

Router Table Top.jpg

2013-10-15 19.51.52.jpg

2013-10-15 19.52.04.jpg

2013-10-15 19.52.25.jpg

2013-10-15 21.44.19.jpg

2013-10-17 12.11.10.jpg

2013-10-18 15.24.12.jpg