Another CNC guy...

1 hour ago, joe the gas man said:

I lurk about on here a lot, and post occasionally.  I say welcome as well. And nice work!

I got into the cnc side of things with my woodworking a couple of years ago when I picked up an x-carve machine from Inventables with the intention of using it to add another dimension to my abilities and enhancements to my projects that I would most likely not be able to otherwise.

Here is one that I just put the finishing touches on this evening, it's a retirement gift for a gal in the main office of my employer. 

Your handle (name ) suggests to me Bemidji, Mn. area?  

Park Rapids here.

barb 1.jpg

barb 2.jpg

You are correct "Joe the Gas Man", I am just north of Bemidji!  Didn't know there were any other cnc people in the area.  Will have to get together!

Dave

Sorry I'm late to your welcoming party @beltramidave...Great to have you here along with all the other CNC guys. Your (& their) expertise is opening up an entire new dimension to TPW and very much welcomed for us old school folks. Looking forward to learning about the possibilities of "machining wood." 

BTW, I didn't see that you brought donuts yet...that's mainly what I bring to the table here...an appetite for donuts.:lol: