Rifle stocks

Jay

After doing these sketches ive been looking and now cant make up my mind on what i want to use for the final run. Walnut, snake, tiger, purple heart, koa??? Decisions decisions. My wallet will make that choice for me lol

I was rummaging thru my wood shed today and came across this. It is a blank used to make a Pennsylvania Long Rifle. I got it in a trade for some work I did a couple of years ago. It is almost 6' long about 10" wide at the base and about 3 1/2" wide at the top. The entire blank is a little over 2 1/2" thick. I was told it was curly ash but I think it is just plain ash. It is yours if you want it.

0709171536.thumb.jpg.19ae132d8182b7f2dbf8bba6d6d56980.jpg

18 minutes ago, lew said:

I was rummaging thru my wood shed today and came across this. It is a blank used to make a Pennsylvania Long Rifle. I got it in a trade for some work I did a couple of years ago. It is almost 6' long about 10" wide at the base and about 3 1/2" wide at the top. The entire blank is a little over 2 1/2" thick. I was told it was curly ash but I think it is just plain ash. It is yours if you want it.

0709171536.thumb.jpg.19ae132d8182b7f2dbf8bba6d6d56980.jpg

Im not gonna ask but i also wouldnt mind either lol. And i cant keep taking from yall it doesn't feel right at all. I'm here for support tips tricks etc as im starting to learn. But i am humbled by the generosity of all you men and women.

1 hour ago, lew said:

I'll try to get to the UPS office tomorrow and see what I have to do to ship it to you. I'll get back to you when I get it ready so I can get your address.

Thank you so much!! Wifes gonna hate you though because now im gonna have to get a long rifle kit for it hahahaha

21 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

:lol::D:lol: Perhaps.

That may be dumb enough to work.... I may actually convince her to like a muzzle loarder. And by as much as i could zoom in on pic it appears it may be curly ash. I think i can see what looks like alternating soft/hard grain. Hope so cause that is a wood with a beautiful finish

We got some good and depressing news too. l went to the main VA (Bay Pines) yesterday. Praise the good Lord thier one of the best and top one in fl. Saw TBI doc and she worried things have gotton worse. I have to go have an eeg mri for brain TBI optimologist TBI audiology blood work and nurology for increased seizure activity. I have to have TBI asap due to the symptoms im experiencing and stated immediately following the last time I knocked myself out. She believes theres a good chance im leaking spinal fluid in to sinuses. That also a risk for a hernia of my micro processed. Ughhhh.....

Edited by Jay

Ty all. Tomorrows the big day but i dont know if I'll get results tomorrow though. On the plus side now that I have my guns back I was able to get measurements. I've done rough outline still have to shape and make adjustable cheek wield. It's comfy! Maybe it's because I'm so used to shooting an m16

20170712_174831.jpg

Well i was wrong mri is next thurs so well see what happens then. Had to bond some on to the stock as i didn't take into account grip angle. So did that shaped and cut cheek wield out. Lol more shaping then on to to internal hollow out.

20170713_142200.jpg