kmealy

Another idiot that needs removed from the gene pool

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Menards weekly ad yesterday shows 8"x8"x16" concrete blocks on sale for 89 cents/ea; no disclaimer stating actual size...think I might consider hiring a flock of legal beagles to chase this one down too...:ph34r:

Only makes sense in light of the current lumber sizing scandal.;)

If we don't stop this madness now, a dozen donuts might end up being only 11. I shudder to think of that possibility:rolleyes:

Image result for concrete block actual dimensions

Actual Size D x H x L (inches) Nominal Size D x H x L (inches)
7 5/8 x 7 5/8 x 7 5/8 8 x 8 x 8
7 5/8 x 7 5/8 x 15 5/8 8 x 8 x 16
Edited by Grandpadave52 (see edit history)
HARO50, Gerald and HandyDan like this

I read not long ago that the foot long hot dog got a big hit from lawyers. It seems they had photos of teeth marks where the employees were taking bites out of each bun before filling them with goodies. At least all the buns ended up exactly the same short or would that be the same long?

HARO50 likes this

Well, a 1/2 gallon of OJ is only 59 ounces these days. I noticed a one year subscription to Popular Mechanics is only 10 months. Just the times we live in I guess.

HARO50 likes this

I started with absolutely nothing. Now thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance I find I have most of it left.

Wapakoneta, Ohio (ugggh)

We were driving down a back road yesterday when I noticed a U-Haul trailer with a big picture on the side, and across this picture were the words "Wapakoneta, Ohio". Got me to wondering..... Would that have been you, Fred, Moving up here to take advantage of our more exact Metric System?  :D

John

Grandpadave52 likes this

Nope, but I would like to see the metric system down here. Problem is, we didn't invent it so it can't be any good.

Grandpadave52 likes this

6 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Menards weekly ad yesterday shows 8"x8"x16" concrete blocks on sale for 89 cents/ea; no disclaimer stating actual size...think I might consider hiring a flock of legal beagles to chase this one down too...:ph34r:

Only makes sense in light of the current lumber sizing scandal.;)

If we don't stop this madness now, a dozen donuts might end up being only 11. I shudder to think of that possibility:rolleyes:

Image result for concrete block actual dimensions

Actual Size D x H x L (inches) Nominal Size D x H x L (inches)
7 5/8 x 7 5/8 x 7 5/8 8 x 8 x 8
7 5/8 x 7 5/8 x 15 5/8 8 x 8 x 16

...but...but...but, for years a (baker's) dozen was 13...what makes you think that doughnuts won't end up the same way as: candy bars, cereal, et. al.

Grandpadave52 likes this

Rumor has it there is a lawyer who owned a company which recently sold that may have some free time now to pursue claims such as these:rolleyes:;)

HARO50 and clhyer like this